The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Sadly, pickles are not effective against pastries.

Residents of Peoria have discovered that also, closed their bakeries and opened pickle shops on every corner. The pharmacies are doing badly, and the doctors are puzzled by the lack of requests for certain prescriptions. Oddly, obstetricians are seeing a rise in their business...

· Registered
213 Posts
Back on track and working my diet more effectively.

Yesterday, glucose level before dinner: 101 Two hours postprandial * 97.

*postprandial - technical term meaning after pickles.

· Registered
105 Posts
I received my Diabetes Self-Management magazine today and there was an excellent article written about meal time spikes. All of it makes sense, some of the things suggested will not work for me because I have gastroparesis. The article really does push post prandial testing. But we also need to know what our blood sugar is before we eat to see how much of a spike we have. There was a paragraph written on how adding vinegar to your meals can help with mealtime spikes. Vinegar is a rather unusual item to eat alone, but there are so many salad dressings made with vinegar, I love salad dressing so I am going to try and have a couple of tablespoons of salad dressing at mealtimes just to see what happens.

adding vinegar definitely helps. doctors recommend apple cider vinegar. it works the best in bringing glucose levels down. there are people who drink 2TS straight, cuz it goes straight into your bloodstream, rather than having to wait til the body breaks down the food u eat it with. thats if u need fast results, if not, then add it to ur diet. :) i also add vinegar when i cook fish. it tastes good.

· Registered
6 Posts
adding vinegar definitely helps. doctors recommend apple cider vinegar. it works the best in bringing glucose levels down. there are people who drink 2TS straight, cuz it goes straight into your bloodstream, rather than having to wait til the body breaks down the food u eat it with. thats if u need fast results, if not, then add it to ur diet. :) i also add vinegar when i cook fish. it tastes good.
Guys i have a doubt, i thought both sugar and Vineger are acidic, that means, is it that a problem? Or am i completly thinking in a wrong way.

Thanks
Bharat

· Registered
930 Posts
Shanny

I've been told sugar is neutral, but the pH of vinegar does place it on the acid side, albeit a weak one.
Truth or Bullcrap?

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND pH BALANCE
It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline. If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do an investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

Apple Cider Vinegar Cures

Also

3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Thieves

Apple cider vinegar is an exception: unlike almost every other vinegar, it has an alkaline ash and improves pH by making the body less acidic.

For that reason alone, it is recommended to replace any vinegar in salad dressings and other recipes with apple cider vinegar, if lemon juice (as above) doesn’t provide enough bite.

http://www.suite101.com/content/tips-to-balance-ph-a24438

ColaJim

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.