The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of numbness in my rt little toe. As I more tightly control the BG the feeling seems to improve.

I'm worried about the circulation in that toe and keeping the circulation good in all the other toes.

Has anyone tried the L-Arginine cream to improve circulation. does it work?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have never tried L-Arginine cream, but I know it is supposed to improve circulation. But sometimes toe numbness has other causes having to do with nerves. I can't advise you to use or not to use the cream, but since you lowered your bg and the numbness imporoved, it seems that your best course of action might be to keep working on the bg numbers. Numbness can occur even when bgs are in the 120's. When I was having numbness, I had the doc check the circulation in my legs/feet, and that was good. I had to get my bg below 120 and keep it there before the numbness finally went away.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I have used home made Arginine cream and coconut oil it worked well for rashes.

I take 10grams of arginine a day and have done so cor 2 yrs now. Nerve problems have mostly gone away. Tripped over my cat and stubbed my toe. It turned completely black and red, I really think I broke it. Three days is all it took for it to look and feel much better, I like the arginine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I take Arginine supplement 500mg 2 X daily.

I may try the arginine cream topically.

I last had a vascular study of circulation in my legs in January 2011.

The problem is I don't have any insurance. I'm Unemployed right now and the doctor is seeing me based on a sliding scale based on my income.

So I can't have tons of tests and procedures..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
arginine

I have used home made Arginine cream and coconut oil it worked well for rashes.

I take 10grams of arginine a day and have done so cor 2 yrs now. Nerve problems have mostly gone away. Tripped over my cat and stubbed my toe. It turned completely black and red, I really think I broke it. Three days is all it took for it to look and feel much better, I like the arginine.
I take 500mg Arginine 2 X daily. I knew it stimulates circulation from Dr Louis Ignarros book. 10 grams seems like a large dose.

Did you build up gradually to this level? over what time period.?

I think I will increase my amount of Arginine pills I am taking.

Thanks for your advice:)

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I take the Arginine in divided doses, lunch, dinner. I do not take any in the morning, it seems to give me a bump in my BG level if I do so. Did not work up to it, just started with 10g, 5 at lunch, 5 at dinner. I too do not have any insurance, so everything is out of pocket.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I apologize for the miss understanding about the volume of L-Arginine I was taking. Its 5grams and 10 pills, there 500mg each.

I take the Arginine in divided doses, lunch, dinner. I do not take any in the morning, it seems to give me a bump in my BG level if I do so. Did not work up to it, just started with 10g, 5 at lunch, 5 at dinner. I too do not have any insurance, so everything is out of pocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts