The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions about the Advocate Blood Glucose Monitering system that I am hoping someone on here will be able to answer.

First of all, are these monitors accurate?

Secondly, can they be changed to read in mmol instead of mg/dl?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, does anyone know anything about storing testing strips and if different brands of test strips will last a longer time?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Advocate brand, but welcome to the forum, and I hope you find the information you seek, leafs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with the Advocate brand, but welcome to the forum, and I hope you find the information you seek, leafs.
It is a generic brand. Here is a link to a place where some Advocate products are sold:

http: //www .american diabeteswholesale. com/product/advocate-diabetes-meter-kit_211_1 . htm

(just remove all of the spaces in URL above and paste into address bar)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Sorry about that, leafs . . . the meter I use is the ReliOn Confirm from Walmart, but there are dozens of others - some more expensive, some less. I use ReliOn because it's as accurate as anything else, but the strips are about half the price of other brands.

As for the life of the strips, I used the ReliOn Ultima for a couple of years and the strips for that model were packaged individually in foil wrappers. Those would definitely last longer under adverse conditions than ones kept in an open container. And I liked the individual wrappings because it removed any risk of contaminating the strip by touching it to insert into the meter.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I gave an Advocate Meter to our member "Diana". Feel free to send her a PM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about that, leafs . . . the meter I use is the ReliOn Confirm from Walmart, but there are dozens of others - some more expensive, some less. I use ReliOn because it's as accurate as anything else, but the strips are about half the price of other brands.

As for the life of the strips, I used the ReliOn Ultima for a couple of years and the strips for that model were packaged individually in foil wrappers. Those would definitely last longer under adverse conditions than ones kept in an open container. And I liked the individual wrappings because it removed any risk of contaminating the strip by touching it to insert into the meter.
How expensive are the strips for the ReliOn Ultima?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts