The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had laser treatment yesterday afternoon. I had the freezing needle, and the treatment was painless. I fell asleep with the eyepatch on, and woke up in the middle of the night to remove it.
This morning, I notice that the vision in that eye is VERY blurry! I was wondering if anyone has had the same procedue, and how long this blurriness lasted for them? I have two more treatments left, and don't want to be blurry for weeks on end. I'm not very functional this way!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Lovecraft: :)

Nice to "see" you. ;) Welcome!

Yes, I had the eye laser many years ago. When he asked if I wanted my eye frozen after the first "jumpy" laser. I said, "Sure". I thought he meant eye drops. At the 2nd visit. He told me to close my eyes. When I opened my eye he was pulling out the long needle. :eek: I hope that they got shorter. I fell asleep while he was doing the laser(with my eye held open).

Don't worry. It should only be blurry for a couple days. But chances are you will have a black eye. I feel for ya.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's now five days post Tx, and I'm still blurry! There hasn't really been any improvement. I'm scheduled to have the other eye done in 2 days, but if this eye hasn't improved by then, I'm not sure that I should. I'll be completely non functional if that's the case.

Has anyone else had this treatment, with the freezing? I'm just wondering how long is too long to stay blurry, and when I should become concerned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts