The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, does anyone else have constant problems with air bubbles in their cartridges? This has been an ongoing problem with me since I got my pump last year. I have talked with my pump supplier, I have talked with a pump educator, I have talked with my doctors. I still get them. It's very annoying, and cuts into my being able to keep my Diabetes in good control when I get them. I've tried everything that all of these people have told me to do, to almost no avail. I have an Animas Ping. I am not sure if it's the pump; I leave my insulin out to warm to room temp, fill the cartridge, and leave it out overnight. Then I flick out the bubbles that form overnight, and connect myself. Still airbubbles form in the cartridge. Why!?!?! No one can answer me, or give me a good answer. If anyone else has this problem, I would like to know that you do (so that I know I'm not the only one), and what you have done to overcome it, if anything at all. Or is this just somethign that I have to put up with? Should I wait on hold with Animas, AGAIN, since I call them periodically to help me but they can't... Anyone have problems with this with other pumps? I was on Apidra, but got changed to Novolog but still have the same problems. Oh, and Apidra bubbles pop more easily than to Novolog bubbles... grrrrr.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts