The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I started having chest pains discomfort in my stomach. Family Doctor thought it was indigestion. Went to a chiropractor about s&w back pains and he thought it could be caused by a misaligned rib causing inflammation which would cause heartburn.

I had bought some almonds at Costco about this same time and would eat about a half a cup a day.

I stopped eating them last week and have not had as much indigestion as the past week. I had a few Monday and had chest pains indigestion all day and some yesterday.

So in conclusion either the Prilosec is working except for a random day here and there. The chiropractor was right and as he's readjusted me over the past two weeks it's getting better or I've developed a reaction to eating these almonds the past few weeks.

Don't know but I threw the almonds away and am going to see how this week goes.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Good luck.

I was getting ill and exhausted. Turned out I "just" needed to stop eating eggs...or anything with egg in it.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck. I was getting ill and exhausted. Turned out I "just" needed to stop eating eggs...or anything with egg in it.
Thanks. So far today not much discomfort. Not done anything g different other than no almonds since Monday. Guess I'll ask at my next doctors visit if it's normal.

·
Senior Senior Member
1,008 Posts
I was getting ill and exhausted. Turned out I "just" needed to stop eating eggs...or anything with egg in it.
That might kill me! I love so many things made with eggs.

I'm not supposed to eat nuts or seeds (diverticular disease), but I still do. As long as I keep them moving, I'm ok.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've noticed a few food allergies. Nothing too severe thankfully so I keep eating anything and everything based on what I find healthy on LCHF. I have also read where food allergies will improve and can diminish all together with increased contact of the offenders. My worst reactions are runny nose, sniffling, congestion, raspy throat, eyes watering and itching. All of or most happen when eating an offender. The reactions are quite mild and it took me a while to decide they were allergic reactions to food.

Mexican food will do this and I think it's the corn chips. I eat a lot of hot sauce, hot peppers, hot Chinese and Thai which I'm fine with. Some beer, I think wheat beer does this too. It happens within an hour of starting eating and I'm 100% back to normal within an hour of finishing my meal.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
My last reaction to eggs led to edema and whole-body hives. Hives, doctors tell me are getting a wee bit close to an anaphylactic reaction.

The alternate theory is avoid the problem food for several months/year then test. My niece, who was once allergic to just about anything that can be swallowed, is seeing good results with that plan so I am emulating her.

But, oh, getting used to living without eggs is harder than getting used to eat to my meter and BG spikes!!

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
My late husband was an immunologist (allergist) and I was allergic to a number of things when we met. He told me to avoid foods for a year or two and test, but if it still caused reaction to then avoid for 7 years and I should be able to again eat it with restraint. I got allergic to melon and after 7 years could eat it, but then I overdid it in my joy, and just as I ended my second 7 year period found that I can't eat it because of blood sugar…SIGH. Now, I'm into 4th year of shrimp allergy and I adore it, so this ain't easy but it does work at least in my case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts