The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Hmmm...hadn't seen the Honeyville stuff. It's cheaper than Bob's (per pound). Did you get the regular or blanched almond flour?
Like Shanny - the blanched.

Elana of Elana's Pantry talks about her favorite brands of almond flour here.

Reactions: Diana

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Just had these for breakfast -they're so good they deserve a :bump:

Couple of pancakes w/ lots of butter and a fried egg on top - major yum ...

Reactions: Diana

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just had these for breakfast -they're so good they deserve a :bump:

Couple of pancakes w/ lots of butter and a fried egg on top - major yum ...
I keep FORGETTING to make these!!! hahahah....don't know if I've mentioned this but I love putting cinnamon in the batter--lots of it! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had them again this morning with Davinci pancake flavor syrup. My favorite breakfast!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've been using them more like small fry bread . . . I sandwich one pancake between a coupla slices of provolone or whatever cheese is handy & have a pancake sandwich. It's easy to get carried away . . . last night I enjoyed about three of 'em, and my meter gave me quite a talking to this morning . . .

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
I know, older thread but since I tried it tonight ( I'm bacheloring it this weekend as BH is visiting her family for baby shower) thought I'd post my results. Ate the whole recipe plus three strips of baked bacon covered in walden farms pancake syrup and a couple tbsp butter and washed down with 1/2 pint heavy cream.

Cakes were a little thinner than I would like but flavor was great!
84 pre
97 one hour
93 two hour.

I'll take those all the way to the bank!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I know, older thread but since I tried it tonight ( I'm bacheloring it this weekend as BH is visiting her family for baby shower) thought I'd post my results. Ate the whole recipe plus three strips of baked bacon covered in walden farms pancake syrup and a couple tbsp butter and washed down with 1/2 pint heavy cream.

Cakes were a little thinner than I would like but flavor was great!
84 pre
97 one hour
93 two hour.

I'll take those all the way to the bank!
Sent from my iPhone
David, you don't have to follow the exact recipe. If you want thicker batter, use more almond meal.... now you've tripped my pancake trigger for this morning! Thanks! :love: Also, I was happy to find that Smucker's makes a sugar free syrup with Splenda.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I went to local Dutch Country market which carries a lot of the more unusual flours and so on that regular stores don't carry. Came home with spelt flour and oat flour that I put in the freezer to store. They had almond flour but it seemed pretty high priced to me. Where do you all get your almond flour? Also where do you get psyllum (sp?) husks? Thinking about making the Oopsie bread, and some of the other goodies you all are tempting me with :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I went to local Dutch Country market which carries a lot of the more unusual flours and so on that regular stores don't carry. Came home with spelt flour and oat flour that I put in the freezer to store. They had almond flour but it seemed pretty high priced to me. Where do you all get your almond flour? Also where do you get psyllum (sp?) husks? Thinking about making the Oopsie bread, and some of the other goodies you all are tempting me with :)
I've been buying all my low carb stuff from Netrition for years so I finally became an affiliate (I make a little bit on orders if you go through the link on my page Menopause Weight gain, Low Carb Eating, Menopause Symptoms) There's an ad at the bottom of the left column that runs different products, but if you click on it and get to the netrition site, then just put the product you want in the search box. I just looked and the almond flour is on sale. Also, they have the psyllum husks.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
Diana said:
David, you don't have to follow the exact recipe. If you want thicker batter, use more almond meal.... now you've tripped my pancake trigger for this morning! Thanks! :love: Also, I was happy to find that Smucker's makes a sugar free syrup with Splenda.
It was first try so I was more concerned about flavor and BG rather than texture. I'm gonna add a 1/3 more cup of almond flour next time and see how that works. But for a first time I fell in love with em! Thanks again for the link.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
109 Posts

Can you use any almond flour can not find brand Almond Meal..

Thanks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts