The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 7yrs old, so not a newbie. For the last 2 years I've been trying to get onto the DAFNE course that the diabetic outpatient's departments run in a number of hospitals across the UK. The course runs for 5 consecutive days and so have been unable to find an appropriate time to get the time off work. I have looked at the alternative GATTO course which runs for 5 consecutive mondays (where I live in central London) and again taking off this many consecutive mondays is not practical for me at work. I doubt I'm the only person who has not attended because of this terrible system! So, does anyone know of a private provider of the course?
Official DAFNE website states there are no private providers but figured there was no harm in asking....
Jess

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hello Jess :D, I see your grief as DAFNE is a very good course as I have discovered here in Australia. See your Endo and ask for a doctor's certificate that will cover the course. ;) I suppose that you have done the grovelling to your boss about your condition and sees you a healthy person anyway and cannot see the benefit of attending.
Meanwhile, Look at Dr Bernstein books and do the low carb idea. :) I am sorry that I cannot offer a better idea Jess. Hope that you have better luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts