The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Hello and welcome, bhuvan. Your fasting levels are a little high to be considered normal. I'm not clear on what the PPDS is, but your A1c is good.

If I were you, I would get a meter and start testing at home. First as soon as you get up & before you eat anything. Then start testing around your meals - just before the meal and again at one and two hour intervals after your first bite. In my opinion, the readings you get AFTER you've eaten will be much more indicative of how your body is managing your available insulin.

Relax, take a deep breath and face this squarely . . . if you are diabetic, you have caught it early on. You are right to be concerned. If you decide to get a second medical opinion, be sure to see an endocrinologist who specializes in diabetes.

Right now start keeping a food log and get some postprandial (after eating) readings. Keep us posted on what happens.

Thank you for joining us!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.