The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
I'm not a huge meat eater myself, although I enjoy small portions of about all kinds of meat/poultry/fish. But I would starve without eggs. I make big plates of deviled eggs & keep them in the fridge - a batch lasts 2-3 days because my husband loves them too. A small omelet or just scrambled eggs is the fastest hot meal I can think of.

The other thing that gets me a LOT of mileage is cream cheese spreads - my two favorites right now are Smoked Oyster Dip and Smoked Salmon Spread. I use these on GG crispbread crackers so I get my protein, fat AND fiber . . . plus the salmon & oysters are super sources of calcium & vitamin D both, especially for folks like me whose diabetes precludes milk & milk products.

There are definitely tricks to making this work, and we'll sure help you tailor some menus you can really enjoy. :D

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Yep, fats are what makes low-carbing a DREAM! If ye get bored with just butter on your veggies, do what I do . . . HOLLANDAISE! or a real bonafide cream sauce made with heavy cream. I just season it with salt & white pepper - it hardly needs thickening.

B'lieve me, SP - you are NOT a freak! (or else you're invisible in the midst of all the rest of us freaks . . . ;))

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Main ingredients: butter and egg yolk! Nectar, it is.
Maybe I should look around a little more for this in stores. I've just made it for so long & don't think much about it - I do use a whole egg instead of only yolks, so getting the emulsion exactly right is a little more delicate balance, but there again, I'm used to it. And I zip it up with a pinch of white pepper too; I prob'ly use more lemon than a lot of people as well - I tell ye, I could eat it with a spoon! heheh! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.