The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone, glad to meet you! I've been pre-diabetic since late 90's, had A1C of 6.5 in Dec '07, doc did not talk to be about it but put me on beta-blocker for blood pressure. One year later I discovered fastings in 160-180+ range.

I've used my PhD in Cell Bio to better understand and manage. Currently my fastings run <110 almost always, this AM was 93.

I'm working to publish a case study, then write a grant on this novel and very effective intervention.

After stumbling on my method, within 60 days my A1C was 5.8, and I've been stable for 1.5 years like this. My method also prevents weight regain, so now I've lost 35+ Ib's.

Will add more later :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Everyone, glad to meet you! I've been pre-diabetic since late 90's, had A1C of 6.5 in Dec '07, doc did not talk to be about it but put me on beta-blocker for blood pressure. One year later I discovered fastings in 160-180+ range.

I've used my PhD in Cell Bio to better understand and manage. Currently my fastings run <110 almost always, this AM was 93.

I'm working to publish a case study, then write a grant on this novel and very effective intervention.

After stumbling on my method, within 60 days my A1C was 5.8, and I've been stable for 1.5 years like this. My method also prevents weight regain, so now I've lost 35+ Ib's.

Will add more later :)
Kathleen, one of the great things about forums like this one is the exchange of information and ideas among people with like problems. It really doesn't further the dialogue to imply that you have some super-secret formula for success, some knowledge heretofore unavailable to the common diabetic, that you will deign to share with us at some unspecified time in the future. What's preventing you sharing your amazing method now?

I, too, stumbled on a method that keeps my A1C at 5.6: No starchy carbs, a low carb diet, and exercise. Whew...it wasn't as hard to say that as I feared. Just hope no one steals my methodology!

Jen

·
Registered
583 Posts
Kathleen, one of the great things about forums like this one is the exchange of information and ideas among people with like problems. It really doesn't further the dialogue to imply that you have some super-secret formula for success, some knowledge heretofore unavailable to the common diabetic, that you will deign to share with us at some unspecified time in the future. What's preventing you sharing your amazing method now?

I, too, stumbled on a method that keeps my A1C at 5.6: No starchy carbs, a low carb diet, and exercise. Whew...it wasn't as hard to say that as I feared. Just hope no one steals my methodology!

Jen
Love your reply, Jen!! Way to zero in on this. Amazing how YOUR methodology matches mine! :) (Except I'm on Metformin)

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi Jen,

my apologies for sounding mysterious -- I'm a scientist working out a method I hope will help most everyone walk the tightrope and achieve better health. I use the lowered carb & exercise approach, just with unique variations aimed at the complexity of the disease process.

Believe me, I have huge respect for anyone walking the tightrope and achieving balance! Struggling to keep a good A1C, good fasting bg's and healthy lifestyle. I so much appreciate the input from T1's -- they were the 1st to start yelling to everyone else to lower carbs. Their disease is very difficult to control and they lead the way in lifestyle intervention in many respects. I recently read advice from a T1 to lower insulin increasing drugs to lose weight -- this is exactly correct, yet his advice was clearly not understood.

Having the understanding of the current science behind T2, I appreciate it as a malfunction of cellular metabolism (chemistry) with hormonal dysregulation on top of that. Scientists don't understand the hormonal controls gone wrong and have even less grasp of the cellular events gone wrong! Therefore I believe there is no simple answer, lifestyle intervenion is a must, and if someone comes up with an easier more effective way to do this -- please scream it at the top of your lungs.

My "methodology" is simple, what I have immense trouble with is explaining why it is different, because an understanding of the disease process is critical.

Congratulations on your fantastic A1C!

·
Banned
2 Posts
be careful on the Metformin -- it might be masking your dysfunction to some degree. You simply must do muscle contraction interventions (a slightly harder contraction like stairs or incline treadmill -- this puts your muscle cells into a completely different biochemical "mood") with some frequency -- sitting for over 2 hours is deadly for us T2's. So is eating late :) -- coming from a reformed late night eater!

Many people on metformin disease progress (gain weight, then require additional insulin increasing meds with then result in weight gain.) You are doing everything right that you know of -- I'm just offering a caution to not just watch your carbs and A1C, watch your postprandial spikes and muscle health.

Congratulations on your successes though!! Warmest wishes :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Jen,

my apologies for sounding mysterious -- I'm a scientist working out a method I hope will help most everyone walk the tightrope and achieve better health. I use the lowered carb & exercise approach, just with unique variations aimed at the complexity of the disease process.
Why do you persist in this? We all know that this is a complex condition - that is not news. If you have something to offer, do it. If not, why continue to troll?

Jen

·
Registered
583 Posts
be careful on the Metformin -- it might be masking your dysfunction to some degree. You simply must do muscle contraction interventions (a slightly harder contraction like stairs or incline treadmill -- this puts your muscle cells into a completely different biochemical "mood") with some frequency -- sitting for over 2 hours is deadly for us T2's. So is eating late :) -- coming from a reformed late night eater!

Many people on metformin disease progress (gain weight, then require additional insulin increasing meds with then result in weight gain.) You are doing everything right that you know of -- I'm just offering a caution to not just watch your carbs and A1C, watch your postprandial spikes and muscle health.

Congratulations on your successes though!! Warmest wishes :)
Thanks to whoever banned this person. She has no tact whatsoever and is oblivious to her own arrogance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts