The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Play some Herbie Hancock Rock-it in the background.

Reactions: etherea

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
Play some Herbie Hancock Rock-it in the background.
Yeah, that would help....!

Seriously, a lot of the recipe videos I see include bits by the video maker about the special touches they add to <whatever is being cooked> followed by shots of prep with commentary about using, say, white onions instead of yellow or sweet onions, etc. There are action shots of ingredients being added (you have those). And time at the end with the video maker enjoying the food that was just prepared.

A voiceover would do fine for this if you want to be more anonymous. I'd also think about cutting down the video, maybe by half unless you were going to add more prep/serving time.

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
Hey, I let the entire video play... and I was viewer #12. lol

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I've got 18 views already, not 1 person has watched beyond 1 minute LOL
I watched it all, the first 1'10" was a cappella and Herbie covered the last 3'32".

List ingredients, discuss steps, let me be the taste tester.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, my stir fry has been NSDad-ized.

I don't use a wok because a wok is just another kitchen pan to own and care for.

Actually, you might notice that I don't even have a frying pan, I think the one in the video is some sort of casserole pan that just happens to be large enough that I use it as a frying pan.

And, yes, I dropped some water into it at the beginning with the oil so I could cook the meat at a relatively low heat for the first 10-15 minutes as the water boiled off. This is how I cook sausages or ground beef straight from the freezer into the pan.

In summary, I wouldn't last 30 seconds in the hells kitchen competition. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I consider myself a budding average cook - that is, I'm budding into an average cook.

In reality, I do enjoy cooking for my wife (she works, I'm disabled/retired) and my granddaughter comes over to help. She started at around 5 years old stirring mixes and stuff and now, at the age of 12, she corrects my seasonings.

Cooking for diabetes is hard. I'm learning a bit more each day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts