The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud of them, but I saw the opening of the show. The diabetic doctor was using her lancet device and pricking her finger while she was driving. Driving rather fast! I could not believe that! The camera focused on something else then, but I assume she finished testing while still driving. Was that necessary? Is it any better than texting while driving, or using a cell phone? She could have tested while her partner was driving.They should NOT have shown that segment on TV.

What were they thinking? I can see someone who thinks that if a doctor can do it, then it is an OK thing to do. I hope no member here will ever test while driving.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I am proud of them, but I saw the opening of the show. The diabetic doctor was using her lancet device and pricking her finger while she was driving. Driving rather fast! I could not believe that! The camera focused on something else then, but I assume she finished testing while still driving. Was that necessary? Is it any better than texting while driving, or using a cell phone? She could have tested while her partner was driving.They should NOT have shown that segment on TV.

What were they thinking? I can see someone who thinks that if a doctor can do it, then it is an OK thing to do. I hope no member here will ever test while driving.
You know, I was thinking this also. I would never drive and try and check my blood sugar unless I was stuck in traffic. Who knows what they were thinking----:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts