The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sweet wife has been very supportive of me since i was diagnosed as T2. at the time her A1c was just over 6 so she was also reducing her carb intake and increasing her exercise too.
well today she went back to the Dr. and her A1c was 6.6, and she is not happy about it. she has been exercising eating better and her numbers have kept going up.
well i told her to join our group here, and also started pushing her towards making the right low carb choices too. i guess in my home there are 2 of us now that are battling the big D.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
So ... what's sauce for the gander ain't sauce for the goose?

Hope she figures out what works for her. Meantime ... wondering how her thyroid is doing?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Well, at least you two can be mutually supportive. After she adjusts to the idea, I hope she'll be able to take it in stride, knowing diabetes is very manageable. At least she caught it early and has a far greater prognosis, re complications than many of us who weren't so fortunate.

And if she comes here, she'll see how lots of us are gaining health, not losing it, after our diagnosis. <Hi tgreen's wife!
>

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, at least you two can be mutually supportive. After she adjusts to the idea, I hope she'll be able to take it in stride, knowing diabetes is very manageable. At least she caught it early and has a far greater prognosis, re complications than many of us who weren't so fortunate.

And if she comes here, she'll see how lots of us are gaining health, not losing it, after our diagnosis. <Hi tgreen's wife!
>
Yup! I fully agree with moon... there's nothing impossible specially if one is optimistic about having control over the big D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
my sweet wife has been very supportive of me since i was diagnosed as T2. at the time her A1c was just over 6 so she was also reducing her carb intake and increasing her exercise too.
well today she went back to the Dr. and her A1c was 6.6, and she is not happy about it. she has been exercising eating better and her numbers have kept going up.
well i told her to join our group here, and also started pushing her towards making the right low carb choices too. i guess in my home there are 2 of us now that are battling the big D.
I expect she IS a little PO'd since she's been working along with you & then gets smacked down like this. Give her a little room to squawk & don't push too much . . . she'll simmer down & come around. I do hope she'll decide to join us . . .

C'mon in, Mrs. Green - we're saving a seat for you.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I was in the process of changing my diet, losing weight (albeit with an unknown diabetes assist) and all that good stuff when I got The News.

Getting hit with the fact that those "choices" are 100% mandatory, yet still nowhere near good enough, is downright maddening. Been there. Still am, in some ways.

I'm deeply sorry you're both in the same boat. But that may make it easier to put those changes in place, in a near-natural way.

Welcome, Mrs. Green! Glad you found us ... sorry you had to. But it's a great place to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts