The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angel's Food vs. Devil's Food...

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?"

And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Ranch Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created HMOs.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
LOL Richard. That's a Good one. Ha! Bad devil.
Of course, now you've made me hungry.
Thanks a Bunch. Nice that you started this. I
guess you noticed that I'm a bit slow.

Holmes and Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky.
Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow.
What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."

·
Registered
15 Posts
ohhhh

cheeseburger,,,,ohhh,,,,fries,,,,cheeeessseee burrger,mmmmmmm,,i could murder one,,,strewth,i can smell cheese burgers,right thats it,lol ,time to defrost some mince beef,diets gone for today.
i`m celebrating 4 months without insulin today,and i aint had a drink since before christmas,whats the story with diabetes and alcohol,kind folk.
I`m starting to realise why they call this phase the honneymoon period,lol,i must not slip back to old habits of pigging out on junk food,its hard work sticking to a healthy diet.
bye for now

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

A young man, hired by a supermarket, reported for his first day
of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and
a smile, gave him a broom and said, "Your first job will be to
sweep out the store."

"But I'm a college graduate." the young man replied indignantly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that," said the manager. "Here, give
me the broom, I'll show you how."

·
Registered
15 Posts
more humour

Hello kind folk,
Here is a common phrase that i have heard from folk in priviliged positions .
"I/we believe that this substance/product poses no significant danger to the publics health".
Here is my translation,lol
"If you happen to be an insignificant member of the public,then your health is in danger".
bye for now

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhh, a wee bit of the old Irish humor there! LOL! Thanks Curedit.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.
'Good morning,' said the young man. 'If I could take a couple minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners.'

'Go away!' Said the old lady. 'I'm broke and haven't got any money!' and she proceeded to close the door.
Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open. 'Don't be too hasty!' He said. 'Not until you have at least seen my demonstration.' And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet. 'If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder.'

The old lady stepped back and said, 'Well let me get you a fork then, 'cause they cut off my electricity this morning.'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our choice

Wow, that is so true. If we could get back where man was before the fall. A perfect state of balance. Our water and food sources were full of everything we needed. Now, look what man has done. Contaminated the water and destroyed the nutrients in the ground our foods are grown in. Trying to achieve a state of balance, we drink alkaline water to bring it back to its original form. We eat as much organic veggies as possible. We use only first cold pressed oils and different salts than most. The salt we use is in its purest form from the ocean. We can make a difference in our health if we are willing to educate ourselves and help ourselves.
Curedit, what have you done? My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 over a year ago. Based on what she eats, drinks, and supplements she takes she has normal blood sugars and no medication. People do not seem to believe it because they are so blinded by modern medicine and what they have been taught. They need to learn what to eat and drink to live a healthy life. I tell my 8 yr. old, "we eat to live, not live to eat". She is following Robert Young's, "The pH Miracle for Diabetes".

·
Registered
663 Posts
LOL Richard. That's a Good one. Ha! Bad devil.
Of course, now you've made me hungry.
Thanks a Bunch. Nice that you started this. I
guess you noticed that I'm a bit slow.
Hey wait for me terrie, Richard has made me hungery too LOL. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello kind folk,
Here is a common phrase that i have heard from folk in priviliged positions .
"I/we believe that this substance/product poses no significant danger to the publics health".
Here is my translation,lol
"If you happen to be an insignificant member of the public,then your health is in danger".
bye for now
That reminds me, at one time, cigarettes were prescribed to clam your nerves.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I want to brag again!

All right you guys. Let me know when you get tired of me. Today I had a three month follow up since starting Byetta. Besides the good lab results I had that I posted on a previous thread, today I discovered I have lost 29 pounds! I am so glad I seem to be on the right track. Let's celebrate with a hot fudge sundae! *sigh* Only kidding. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am a firm believer in carbs that gives you energy. With a diabetic, Carbs are the confirmed enemy and our metabolism is not running as fast as we like it to be and we are lazy too. Technology is to blame that makes us lazy.
Rubystar :D, May I congratulate you in your 29 Pound loss. :eek: Gee I can see you dancing again. ;) Now I would say that Carbohydrates helped you in your weight loss in the form of exercise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Treatment

Hi.
For finding your own way of diabet treatment i recommend you to consult with a doctor about your private method and medicine. If you wish, you can just ask a doctor following this link

Questions about Anti-Diabetic Drugs.
qpills . net / diabetes / questions

To know more - you can even send him a letter. Of course, it's free!
Goodluck!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
An elderly couple was getting ready for bed one night. The wife turned to her husband and said, "I'm just so hungry for ice cream and there isn't any in the house."

"I'll get you some," her husband offered.

"You're a dear," she said. "Vanilla with chocolate sauce. Write it down --you'll forget."

"I won't forget," he said.

"With whipped cream on top."

"Vanilla with chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top," he repeated.

"And a cherry," she said.

"And a cherry on top."

"Please write it down," she said. "I know you'll forget."

"I won't forget," he insisted. "Vanilla with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry on top."

The husband went off and returned after a while with a paper bag, which he handed to his wife in bed. She opened up the bag, and pulled out a ham sandwich.

"I told you to write it down," she said. "You forgot to get the mustard."

1 - 20 of 61 Posts