The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is using the Animas 2020 pump and what can you tell us about it, give us what ever info you can because every little bit helps. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess I'm going to answer my own question.

The Animas 2020 pump is amazing so far and it's not even a week yet since I've been hooked up to it. Every time I do a BG after a meal I laugh at the numbers I'm getting and my urine is yellow all day long, hahaha.

People finding out they have T1 these days are blessed compared to people like me who had to take insulin with glass syringes and finger pricks were done with nails that needed a band-aid to seal it up. :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am so glad that you have finally find some great success. Enjoy! Life is grand, isn't it? I am a type2 and do not take insulin but I am very happy for you.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello there, welcome to our community! I remember the glass syringes and urine testing. I was diagnosed with Type 1 in 1945 when I was 6. I am doing very well and have no complications except for some minor nerve damage. Good luck with your pumping, I am using the Minimed pump. I hope you will do well for many years to come.

Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello,
I'm using an Animas 2020 too.
I didn't know glass syringes, but plastic syringes and then, I used Pens and now, the pump.
I have a pink pump.:love:

·
Registered
37 Posts
People finding out they have T1 these days are blessed compared to people like me who had to take insulin with glass syringes and finger pricks were done with nails that needed a band-aid to seal it up. :D
Yes I remember the good old days of glass and steel syringes and the nail finger pricks and they had a small vial they had to fill for a blood test. Yes they have it so easy today:Cry:

I am getting the animas 2020 as some young uneducated horses have put me in the dam and it is waterproof :D

Keep us posted as to how it is going:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts