The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up a bit early this morning, 5:30. So I measured with my One Touch and got a 69. I went back to bed for about 25 minutes. When I got up again I figured I must have read the meter upside down and was really 96. So I measured again and it was 89. So I thought my hypothesis was correct.

Anyway I remembered that the meter shows previous readings. I wasn't sure how to find it, but then I figured it out. I checked and in fact at 5:35 it was 69 and at 5:57 it was 89. And it's not like I ate a bag of peanut M&Ms in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I was up a bit early this morning, 5:30. So I measured with my One Touch and got a 69. I went back to bed for about 25 minutes. When I got up again I figured I must have read the meter upside down and was really 96. So I measured again and it was 89. So I thought my hypothesis was correct.

Anyway I remembered that the meter shows previous readings. I wasn't sure how to find it, but then I figured it out. I checked and in fact at 5:35 it was 69 and at 5:57 it was 89. And it's not like I ate a bag of peanut M&Ms in the meantime.
Could be the Dawn Phenomen, although these numbers are not bad.

·
Super Moderator
9,521 Posts
Upside down in a mirror works, so does right side up in a mirror.

Reactions: macksvicky

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Upside down, right side up, backwards, or forward, keep testing bistritapcv! And log what you ate, what meds you took, what exercise you did, and what your BG did before and after eating (I prefer the 1 and 2 hours after meal testing).

Log it all. Review the logs. Look for patterns. Turn on your wonderful brain and think about what you are logging. As you recognize patterns, try changing things around a bit and see what happens. Tell us about the patterns and invoke some really interesting discussions. You are now learning so much more about YOU than ever before!

Yes, BG level can change enormously in a vewwy, vewwy short time. It is likely you caught DP doing it's strange progression.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,521 Posts
Yup, your right again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts