The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like Jaye, live in WA state (Jaye, we have kids in Mukilteo/Everett). I on the east side of the state though.
Went in for an outpatient procedure in October and they test everybody automatically for diabetes. What a shock to have 'you may be diabetic' handed to you just as you go 'under' for your procedure.
At that time it looked pre-diabetic. But follow up showed T2.
Well, shook me relatively hard. I survived breast cancer. I can do this. I was an obese, lazy, old gal. Mercy, has that ever changed. I walk, briskly, every single day. Rain, snow, shine. Used ski poles for walking sticks last winter.
Have lost 30#, gee, only 71 more to go. :eek: But, it is a start. Revamped my meals completely. I had, 24 years ago lost 92# and kept it off for 20 years. So, I know what to do.
DH has terminal colon cancer, he needs to eat like this too.
Am I afraid of this? Nope. My first 'real' job was on a diabetic ward of a hospital (way back in the stone age). So I know what can and does happen if you mess around with your information. I do not fear it, but I do respect it completely.
You will never find me saying/asking 'why me?' My answer would be 'why not?' With my genes and recent lifestyle, good grief, I am surprised it didn't nail me sooner.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow, Lady, I love your attitude. You will be successful with that type of thinking. It seems like you've had a lot of challenges and you've won at every one so far. I am so glad you decided to join this forum. I could always use some motivation.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Your attitude and background will make it easier to get good control. Do you have questions? If so, please ask them. Welcome aboard!

Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Latte:

Happy to meet you. Wow, that was nice of them to mention the Diabetes just before your procedure. Gee!

You've certainly had your battles. I'm Glad that you are a survivor.
I do not fear it, but I do respect it completely. I do like that saying for my Diabetes also. Fits perfectly.

It sounds like you and Jaye have a Fun time. Good to hear. Humour is always uplifting.

Wonderful that you're exercising and have lost that many pounds. With your attitude you'll have No problem with the needed patience in losing the rest. Good Luck! I am curious when the stoneage was that you worked with Diabetics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts