The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Gizmo. I've already made some posts, but was probably supposed to introduce myself first. I'm kind of notorious for doing things bass acwards.

I've only been in this fight with Diabetes for a few months, but sometimes I feel like it is a battle between mouth and mind. The mind says, "Move along to the lettuce and celery aisle." while the mouth says, "I'll take a dozen jelly doughnuts, and don't bother to box them up, I'll eat them here." (Just kidding.) I actually think of certain carbs as poison, because to diabetics they are slow poison, and with that in mind, so far I am winning lots of small battles and am able to keep my bg under 100.

I am looking forward to reading more of your posts and learning more about how to fight the big D. Joyce

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We aren't fussy about how we get acquainted, just as long as it happens - right?! ;) Welcome to the club you never wanted to join & congrats on keeping your BG under 100 already! Looking forward to seeing you often.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
In my mind you're notorious for making your first post a pizza recipe - love it!

I've only been in the D-game a few months too, but was lucky my dx was dramatic enough that it got my attention. I was very sick. If it had come out on a routine blood test, regardless the number, I could still be eating risotto and fruit. If you did this on your own, without a gun to your back, kudos!

But there's always MCS - our resident chef - who'll come along with an incredible recipe for jelly donuts, don't despair.

Glad you're here.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my mind you're notorious for making your first post a pizza recipe - love it!
I'm glad you found the recipe. The first time I made it my husband thought I had found a way to make low carb crust, he would have never guessed it was ground beef, and he brags it up every time I make it. That's one of my favorite low carb recipes.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome aboard, Joyce! I really like your attitude, and sense of humor. My sense of humor has been one of my most important weapons in this battle against the big D!! I have done very well and I am betting you will too!

Richard

Reactions: Madea

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome aboard, Joyce! I really like your attitude, and sense of humor. My sense of humor has been one of my most important weapons in this battle against the big D!! I have done very well and I am betting you will too!

Richard
If I didn't have my sense of humor, I wouldn't be handling ANYTHING very well. lol.
My sense of humor has gotten me through a lot and has help me deal.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Gizmo! :welcome:

Must ... try ... pizza ...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me as well!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to DF

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pizza?? Where???

Awww I love your humor. Welcome to the forum. I'm quite the clueless diabetic as I've only been officially DX'd since the 16th of this Month and while I take it seriously, never want to lose my humor about my battle with all the food in life that I can't eat now.

I know me and I'm such a flawed individual that hell will have to freeze over before I'll ever make peace with not being able to eat lemon meringue pie again. lol

I so admire those who just get on with it and adopt the diabetic lifestyle quietly but I'm kicking and screaming all the way to my carb free existence. Does it count if you don't swallow????????

See you around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts