The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hello everyone, My name is Peter and I have just joined your forums. :)
I have not read any threads as yet but no doubt I will be looking around. I have had this for 37 years of a type 1 and in good control, well I tend to ask myself what is good control? I don't count carbs and vertualy eat just about anything.

Thankyou for letting me join this forum. :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Peter, :) we are Happy to have you here. You're from Australia, eh? That means that you must be ending your Fall soon and will be beginning your Winter. My Daughter asked me a few months ago if I wanted to go either to New Zealand or Australia.

The term "Good control" has been tossed around by the Best of them and they still haven't agreed on it. You'll notice that they keep lowering the blood glucose and A1c numbers however. It seems to work okay for the many who can make it that low but for some of the others who can't bring them down they seem to be getting more stressed about it, unfortunately. The Best a Person can do is their Best.

Well, we are just a small Forum so far but there is a bit for you to read up on. You may learn something new here. If you have any comments or questions, you know what to do. :D Welcome!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you eat just about everything? Do you check your sugars?
I Have insulin to cover my carb intake and test at least 10 times a day and BG's are fine. :D
Do your sugars stay in non diabetic range?
Yes they are in the non diabetic range. ;)
What do you mean by good control? Glad to meet you.
Good control is genarly between 4 - 8 MMOL/L or 72 - 144 MD/GL and thanks. :)

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'am olso here

i?m from europe.
but i like to learn and see what other people do and live with there diabetes.
and to mabay learn about it because my body is not listen easy.
i 46 yaers old and have from 1984 biabetes.
if you don't understand me ask please.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi There Druifje: :)

It's Wonderful to meet you. I love meeting People from other countries. I think it is a Good idea and necessary to see other countries techniques in dealing with diseases such as Diabetes and their breakthroughs.

So you have had Diabetes for many years also. From all that I have seen(you too probably), Diabetes affects so many People differently. Some also find it easier than others. Being in tune with your body, learning all you can about this disease by researching, asking questions and doing your own experimenting with different tips and testing frequently is rewarding in the end.

This is a complicated and everchanging disease so it is impossible for humans to know Diabetes completely. Just keep trying and asking questions.

I understand you perfectly, by the way(btw). If you have any questions or
comments, feel free and we'll try to answer it for you. Welcome! :)

p.s. I'd be interested in knowing what you grow in your garden. I live in the city so I just grow peas, tomatoes, beets and flowers sometimes. My Mom always had a Big garden and fruit trees in a more country area(small town)where I grew up.

*Terrie*

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Peter glad to see you on the forum.I'm pretty new to on the site hope to hear from you again.Bye Richard

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Familiar Face

Aye Richard, Lovely to see you here and thanks for the invitation. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Aye Richard, Lovely to see you here and thanks for the invitation. :D
Always a pleasure to hear and see you Pete.Need some changes sometimes. bye[richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi There Druifje: :)

It's Wonderful to meet you. I love meeting People from other countries. I think it is a Good idea and necessary to see other countries techniques in dealing with diseases such as Diabetes and their breakthroughs.

So you have had Diabetes for many years also. From all that I have seen(you too probably), Diabetes affects so many People differently. Some also find it easier than others. Being in tune with your body, learning all you can about this disease by researching, asking questions and doing your own experimenting with different tips and testing frequently is rewarding in the end.

This is a complicated and everchanging disease so it is impossible for humans to know Diabetes completely. Just keep trying and asking questions.

I understand you perfectly, by the way(btw). If you have any questions or
comments, feel free and we'll try to answer it for you. Welcome! :)

p.s. I'd be interested in knowing what you grow in your garden. I live in the city so I just grow peas, tomatoes, beets and flowers sometimes. My Mom always had a Big garden and fruit trees in a more country area(small town)where I grew up.

*Terrie*
Thats wy i'am here to meat other people.
but i must find my way here.

so this is not mine topic but peters, i whant to introduce miself but i thit it not on te write way? sorry for that

in mine garden crow strawberry now and a lettuce, also tomatoes, onions, carrots, beans, mangetout,red pepper,cumcumbers.

gr ria

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

so this is not mine topic but peters, i whant to introduce miself but i thit it not on te write way? sorry for that

in mine garden crow strawberry now and a lettuce, also tomatoes, onions, carrots, beans, mangetout,red pepper,cumcumbers.
gr ria
Hi Again Druifje: :)

Hey no problem. I'm sure Peter is okay about it. We're Happy that you made it back here.

If you want to start your own Introduction page then go back on the main page and click on Introduction, then click on New Thread when it opens. Look for the word Title and type Hi or Hello. Then you can write your message on the page, then click on Submit. That's it. :)
If you need help then ask again. I hope that you understand me. I understand you Fine.

Wow! You grow a lot of food. Good for you. Fresh food is much better for you. Are you a Lady or Man??

*Terrie*

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Peter!

Hello Peter, fancy finding you here! :) This is an up and coming site with good potential. I hope you are doing well.

Richard

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another forum

Hey Richard, I see that you are here too. :D So another place to whinge about this stupid disease. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Peter and welcome. I read you on another diabetes forum and always like what you have to say. Take care.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

so this is not mine topic but peters, i want to introduce myself but i think it not on the write way? sorry for that
That's OK Druife. :)

Aww that's lovely!!, Anyway I have just eaten. :D

Hi Peter and welcome. I read you on another diabetes forum and always like what you have to say. Take care.
Thankyou Lizzie. :) With such a disease I find too many variables with BG's and so many forums that deal with this and very social medium and with such a friendly relationship we can enjoy life and share information to make the disease bearable. :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
A good philosophy and attitude Peter! I agree with you 100%.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Hi Peter,

I remember you from the other forum. I joined up quite some time ago. There are many others too. Hope you have a good time here, and continue to contribute with the wealth of your knowledge.

Shyam

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
This is a 5-year-old thread. I'll go ahead and close it now.

Reactions: foxl
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.