The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I registered earlier to day and am just trying to find my way around.

So if I'm posting in the wrong area I do apologize.

I described in my intial post that I am living in Thailand in an area where English is not common. So getting usauable advice can be a challenge.

In any case can I pop out a question that has been concerning me for awhilke and which I can't find a clear answer to.

In terms of medication I'm currently using 1 mg. Amaryl and 100 mg. glocophaze daily. Also started recently on a chromium supplement.

These combined with dietary consideration and regular exercise allow me to keep my fasting level between 80-100.

Currently I take a measurement at about nine in the evening. And lets say I get a reading off 118.

From that point forward until about eight the next morning all I take is water.

When I get the morning reading I'm down to say 115. almost the same after twelve hours of no food.

Should I be concerned . Anybody know what the heck might be going on?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Tom! Those are wonderful numbers and so many diabetics would be very pleased to have them. You have very good control. If you are wondering why your blood sugar does not drop during the night while you are not eating any carbs, it is because your liver produces some glucose whenever you go a long time without eating anything. That glucose keeps you from going too low. Many people have high blood sugar in the morning because of the liver producing that glucose. That is called the "Dawn Phenomenon, or DP, and it is very hard to control for many diabetics. You are lucky that your fasting blood sugar is so good. I hope you can keep your good control.
Ask all the questions you want!

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts