The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and by cheeseheads, i dont mean being from wisconsin.

i mean a super fan of cheeses

when i went on my road trip earlier this month, i was introduced to cheddar cheese. but not just regular cheddar cheese, nine year old cheddar!

never before this trip would i even think to TRY a cheese thats NINE years old! lol

my father said that it was pretty good, but 10+ is even better.

i thought it was amazing. like nothing ive ever had before as far as cheese goes.

just thought id share

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
One of the stores here has 10 yr old cheddar. It's amazing, and expensive.

I don't get too fancy. I usually have Marble, Old cheddar, swiss in the house. I occasionally get provolone, pepper jack, jalapeno havarti or a havarti with caraway. I'm not overly experimental with my cheeses, though I do like them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
One of the places we always have to visit when we're home in Missouri is www.osceolacheese.com so yeah I'm a cheesehead

One of our favorites is the smoked string cheese

G

·
yeah I'm a fan of all cheese. I like my cheddar and enjoy on a regular basis but try and keep quantity to a minimum. I love camembert and brie cheese and I have to be careful around those ones, so only have them on special occasions or at parties. But my fav cheeses here are from Margaret River and Tasmania... love the port cheddar.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
We're "cheese-heads" in the true sense of the word at our house. We love cheese, especially old cheddar, Monterey Jack, Marble Jack, Blue Cheese etc. We go through a lot of cheese here.......oh and btw...my OH is born and raised in Wisconsin so that makes him a real cheesehead :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
We're "cheese-heads" in the true sense of the word at our house. We love cheese, especially old cheddar, Monterey Jack, Marble Jack, Blue Cheese etc. We go through a lot of cheese here.......oh and btw...my OH is born and raised in Wisconsin so that makes him a real cheesehead :)
Hi, we r all ll"cheese-Heads" in our house, but keep it to a minimum. Old Cheddar, thats quite steep, I dont think we have any such choices here in India, but manage to get whats available, parmesan, Gouda, cheddar and mostly mozarella. Have to go slowly with these as these r high colory food.:)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't think cheese head is a proper name for me. I eat cheese at breakfast, lunch & dinner. I love an array of cheeses. My favorite cheese is sharp cheddar. I love mozzarella, provolone, colby, muenster, havarti and so on. I love cheese cut fresh from the deli.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ever heard of munchie cheese? I used to get it when I lived in fl, but no one gas ever heard of it up north
No i havnt, whats it taste like?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
late to the party but i love cheese. haven't tried any aged cheddar yet. but do love the spicy stuff - horseradish cheese, monterey jack, habanero jack ect.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grrrr its processed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts