The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going through the nutrients of various cerials, time consuming.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts

All regular cereal raises my bg too much so is out of my diet, but I do eat a hot cereal that I like quite a lot. It's this one.

For the water I use 1:1 cream:water and add a few sliced strawberries to it. Yum!

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
All regular cereal raises my bg too much so is out of my diet, but I do eat a hot cereal that I like quite a lot. It's this one.

For the water I use 1:1 cream:water and add a few sliced strawberries to it. Yum!
I followed your link and was reminded that I bought that a couple of years ago. I need to get more--I remember liking it.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts

Although I don't eat cold cereal, saw mention of Magic Spoon cereal, thought of you, and pass it along. No clue what it tastes like but it looks very diabetic-friendly. Seems to be sold only on their site.

Here's one review.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Thanks for the reminder--Amazon said that I last bought it in 2017. :hungry:
I had it on Subscribe and Save ... and was just notified that it wasn't part of that any longer so no more 15% discount :( Guess I'll just have to buy 3 bags at a time and get a discount that way!

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
188 Posts
I make my own cereal with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes. I mix it all up and roast it for about 30 minutes on 400 degrees, stirring occasionally. You can add cinnamon to it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I found some Sola Granola at a local store (Drug Emporium/Vitamins Plus) that comes in different flavors. I've tried Chocolate Maple Pecan and Strawberry Vanilla so far. It has 4g net carbs and neither has hurt me so far. It appears to be available online also, but mine was cheaper in town.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I found some Sola Granola at a local store (Drug Emporium/Vitamins Plus) that comes in different flavors. I've tried Chocolate Maple Pecan and Strawberry Vanilla so far. It has 4g net carbs and neither has hurt me so far. It appears to be available online also, but mine was cheaper in town.
I found it in the closeout section at Kroger, but it went fast. I went back for more yesterday and it was gone.
Apparently they make keto friendly bread too, but Kroger didn't have any. According to their website https://solasweet.com/it should be in the frozen bread section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts