The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,368 Posts
Weight loss is a really personal thing. My diabetic husband was overweight for years. It took me almost 5 years to get him to switch to my LC diet. The way I did it was to stop buying any carby food anymore. So I cleared out the pantry of dry cereals, rice, pasta, crackers, etc. I assume she does the cooking. Since I do the cooking it is easier for me to make low carb meals. If I were you I would sit down and plan your meals and shopping together. I know you exercise a lot. Maybe you could find an exercise that includes her. I know when you start to exercise you do feel so much better about yourself and will want to find a diet that gives you more energy. I know for me the hardest part of going LC was giving up all those whole grains, and they were my problem. I assumed they were healthy so I overate them. Get the book WHEAT BELLY, by Dr William Davis for her to read.

· Registered
4,368 Posts
I was always fairly skinny all through my childhood , well into college. Even the Freshman 15 didn't hit me. But once I started to have kids, especially the ones in my late 30's, my body rebelled against me. When women deal with hormones especially in their 40's and 50's, the weight seems to just pile on. When my husband and I went on diets at the same time he would always lose so much faster than me, darn hormones. What pushed me to diet was once when I saw some Christmas Photos when I was in my late 40's. I didn't recognise the person in the picture. The weight had come on very slowly and of course I never weighted myself unless I had to. But when I had to buy a size 16 jeans I knew I had to do something. I am now into a size 4 jeans and yes I do like it and I am sure my husband likes it too.

Reactions: Shanny and foxl
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.