The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
158 Posts
I would recommend doing things that help increase her self-esteem and reduce her stress levels. FYI, depression is caused by having more stress than our ability to cope. I like what Dr. Phil has suggested on his TV show when he says that you should wake up each day and say to yourself, "What can I do today to make her life better?" Focus on NON-food things. Focus on doing anything and everything that will help reduce the stress in her life. Focus what may be causing her to feel extra stress and see what you can do to change/improve those things.

When the time is right for HER, she will change her diet if she wants to and/or sees a need to.

Does she have Diabetes?

Reactions: d33na and Dura

· Banned
158 Posts
Eric often does make good points - and he's unapologetically blunt, LOL. I like that :)
"Unapologetically blunt" hmmm. Seems that men can get by with that - when a woman does it, she's called a B****. :D

I still say that a woman's weight is such a touchy issue that you cannot approach it head on or else she will resent you. You have to take a back door approach. When a woman (or man for that matter) starts to love themselves and feel good about themselves, they start taking better care of their bodies and health. So, the love and self-esteem comes first, then the dietary changes - not the other way around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.