The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is Tanya. I am a Coca Cola addict. I haven't had a Coke in 28 days. There should be meetings, support groups, chips for milestones made. This is killin' me!

But seriously...are there any others like me out there? Kicking Coke has been harder for me than quitting smoking! I don't do Diet Coke at all...blecht; but have developed an affinity for Coke Zero and sometimes Diet Dr. Pepper. Alot of people suggest flavored seltzer waters, but I don't like any kind of seltzers (plus, it's just NOT the same...lol). Just wondering if anybody else is in the same boat as me ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I used to be a Mountain Dew-aholic. Once I quit drinking them for a while though it became hard to drink them, now I can't stand the syrupy sweetness I once craved so badly.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I was never one for drinking soda of any kind. Diet pepsi maybe.

I don't like crytstal Light either lol. it has a soap after taste. jmo.

I found those flavored waters has some sort of sugar in it.

I drink water, boring I know. Tea iced. Coffee hot & iced.

I would love to have wine or beer.:)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Oh yeah, I too am a Coca Cola addict and switched to Coke Zero. Sometimes I use lemon juice with Splenda as a substitute. I use to drink 4 liters a day of full HFCS Coca Cola but that had to change. I just can't handle 1600 calories of carbs period.

ColaJim

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I either drink Diet Dr Pepper or Coke Zero. They are good subs. I also like to put a wedge of lime in them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got to admit soda's were my down fall. I think I dranked 12 or more sodas a day. The worst my diabetes got the more I dranked. (not knowing I had diabetes at the time) It took a while but now I hardly ever drink one.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Try Pepsi One. I find the Splenda much easier to take than the aspartame in all the other diet sodas. It might just satsify.

Reactions: clebo

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got to admit soda's were my down fall. I think I dranked 12 or more sodas a day. The worst my diabetes got the more I dranked. (not knowing I had diabetes at the time) It took a while but now I hardly ever drink one.
Sounds just like I used to be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today is day 30 for me without a Coke. I almost caved. I was out running around and doing deliveries and the urge came over me SO strongly! How pathetic am I...lol?? But seriously...since going off of them and going ON meds, it's amazing the difference I see in my numbers. For all those years I refused to believe that it could actually harm my health.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I haven't had a coke or diet coke in over a month now (since my diagnosis). There are times when i want too but i just hold myself back.

Earlier i had 1-3 coke/diet cokes everday. I was addicted i guess...

But i think we've made a good choice by quitting

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used to do fieldwork at night in the desert. I'd drink 3 64 ouncers over the course of the typical night's work. All that caffeine and sugar to keep the motor running and Ibuprofin to stop the aches and pains. Good thing the work involved a lot of physical activity or I'd probably be dead already.

Now that I know about D I average 1 or 2 16 ouncers of diet soda a week max. Can't say I really miss it. I was given a regular by mistake at a restaurant last week. Thought I was drunk or something for a bit before I figured out what happened. I seem to go stupid when my sugar is either low or high. High is just a happier stupid. :)

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
ive given up literally everything else as far as food goes, but i will not give up my diet pepsi wild cherry, just wont happen.

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
916 Posts
I was given a regular by mistake at a restaurant

this is why I do not order any soda when eating out or even in other folks house. I will have water or non sweet tea.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I used to be a coke zero addict... but I've given it up in favor of coffee. I have two cups of coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda. I have iced tea sometimes too.

When I want soda I have Walmart's Peach Lemonade (it's sugar free)...only 68 cents for a 2L and sooooooooooooo good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used to love Pepsi. I craved it for along time after I gave it up. I doubt that I would like it now as it woulds be so sweet. I still miss the idea.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Reactions: d33na and wdmama

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello my name is Cindy and I'm a popaholic. 2 liters of my dew a day pre diagnoses. I quit cold turkey. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks and I wake up wanting some and go to bed wanting some. It's driving me insane and diet dew just doesn't cut it!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts