The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,590 Posts
I am new to this forum but not to diabetis:(
Can anyone tell me if there is a product for Type 2 which is only taken once a day ? I am on Novomix 30 Flexpen and am struggling looking after my 86yr old mother and seem to `forget` to take it at breakfast and dinner times as a result of tending to my mum.:confused::confused::confused:
Are you only taking insulin and no oral meds as well? If you are wondering about a once a day insulin, something like Lantus would be a once a day insulin. It is a basal insulin that is sort of slow released all day long. Some diabetics do just fine with a basal insulin only. Many others though do need a fast acting insulin to cover meals and snacks though.

Metformin is one of the best oral meds for T2 diabetics since it works on lowering your body's insulin resistance.

I completely understand that it is difficult to take care of yourself while taking care of a family member...I have been there. But, you just have to get yourself in the mindset that if you dont care for yourself and keep yourself healthy, then who will be there for your family member? :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.