The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... has anyone discovered that it raises your score?

Just wondering, it could be my imagination but my score seems to be higher in the morning when I remember to take glucosamine the night before. maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions tho...
Apologies if this topic is in another thread, I did a search on glucosamine but didn't find anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok... talking to myself a bit here, but that's ok...

the Glucosamine supporters are claiming that there the sugar in glucosamine is not absorbed into the body due to the small amounts that we ingest orally.

the MAYO clinic says the jury is still out, so don't take it.

I'm with the MAYO clinic, throwing out the bottle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
... has anyone discovered that it raises your score?

Just wondering, it could be my imagination but my score seems to be higher in the morning when I remember to take glucosamine the night before. maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions tho...
Apologies if this topic is in another thread, I did a search on glucosamine but didn't find anything.
Here's what I understand; Individuals with diabetes are recommended to use glucosamine with caution. Glucosamine is amino sugar based. The jury is still out how amino sugar interacts with diabetes medication, or how it is absorbed in the human body. And, read the ingredient label carefully as some glucosamine contains sodium sulfate. SS is used in laundry detergent and paper pulp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts