The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get enough blood out of my finger with that lancing stick/drum thingie and I have it turned to a 6. Any advice? And where has WDMOM been? I think that was her screen name. Been missing her.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have one and i've never had any problems with the Multiclix. I liked it so much I bought a second one. Mine are set at 3.5 and except for times when I don't press it against my finger hard enough, I've never had any problems with getting enough blood. if my hands are cold sometimes, i'll rub them together to warm them up a bit and get the blood flowing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use the same meter stick without any problems. I know I had to make sure I seated the drum correctly the first time though. I have mine set to 1.5.

G

·
I can't get enough blood out of my finger with that lancing stick/drum thingie and I have it turned to a 6. Any advice?
I've got the multiclix with my AccuChek Performa and the only time I have trouble with getting enough blood is when it's a cool morning and my fingers are cold. Like just now when I had to squeeze and squeeze to get a big enough drop. And when it's really hot, I get blood everywhere. I keep it on 2.5, so it's not that.

When I first got it, I tried turning it up to a larger number when my fingers were cold, but it had no effect.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I have many of the Multiclix and I love them. I have a problem with certain fingers not giving up some red stuff but that is not because of the lancer. No doc has ever been able to get blood from those fingers. I have mine set on 3 to 3.5 depending on what finger I am lancing. If you do a lot of work with your fingers and have built up calluses then drawing blood may be more difficult. Wash your hands in warm>hot soapy water and use the sides of your fingers. I primarily use my pinkies as they cause the least pain and have the thinnest skin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use my multiclix on the 2 setting. I only use my ring and pinkie fingers on both hands----my index and middle fingers barely bleed. I change the lancet only every 2 months or so. I always wash my hands with hot water and soap to help stimulate blood flow. I rarely have trouble getting enough of a sample. One thing you can try is to shake your hands toward the ground BEFORE you stick yourself---that should also help with getting the blood to the end of your fingertips. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I keep mine between 0.5 and 1.5

I press on the side of my fingers but on the lower side. I also massage the area lightly befor piercing to make it warm. I press the device hard on my skin

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm using a new Accu-Chek Compact Plus with an integrated Softclix lancer on the side. I have mine set at 5+ and it may take 3 attempts to draw blood. Anything less that 5 won't even break skin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts