The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll make this quick. In the last twenty-four months, I've had eight teeth surgically extracted. My dentist, of fifteen years, tells me that this is another complication from diabetes, but I never heard of it before. I have always taken great care of my teeth, and this is a little difficult to deal with, emotionally that is! :eek:

I can't do anything about it, but it sure would be great to know if other diabetics are experiencing similar problems with their teeth, and if anyone has a magic potion. :tape2:

I'd appreciate knowing your secret for keeping the teeth in the mouth, where they belong!

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'll make this quick. In the last twenty-four months, I've had eight teeth surgically extracted. My dentist, of fifteen years, tells me that this is another complication from diabetes, but I never heard of it before. I have always taken great care of my teeth, and this is a little difficult to deal with, emotionally that is! :eek:

I can't do anything about it, but it sure would be great to know if other diabetics are experiencing similar problems with their teeth, and if anyone has a magic potion. :tape2:

I'd appreciate knowing your secret for keeping the teeth in the mouth, where they belong!

Pastor Paul
Can't help you here, I have a full set of dentures. :(

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Both my diabetic instructor and my dentist have told me that tooth/gum problems are potential complications from diabetes. I brush twice a day, once with a special Rx toothpaste, and floss once a day. At least.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let Me Add This....

I probably should have mentioned that I do keep my BS tight. The most recent A1C is 6.4. I get three cleanings a year. I brush twice daily, use floss, and power flush floss my teeth.

The problems I experienced were due to teeth break apart while chewing anything from bread, to pasta. My teeth would simply break, and crumble.

The remainder of my teeth is in excellent condition, and with the continued attention and dental care I get for them is likely to help them remain intact to the grave!

Thanks for your feedback, questions, suggestions, and concerns.

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
930 Posts
oh yeah

oh yeah

if you go along with the concept that high blood sugar is a symptom of a disease and not the disease itself ( not an imaginary disease [ Diabetes Type 2 ] created by the AMA and Big Pharma so they can just treat the symptoms forever and not treat/cure the cause ), then yes, Periodontal Disease can cause an increase of about 34 mg/dl in your blood sugar. but if that is the case then basal insulin by itself will not be able to reduce your blood sugar to 84 mg/dl and will usually hang around 108 to 130 mg/dl regardless of the amount of insulin you inject (within reason). but if you treat it with antibiotics it usually will be back latter in an immune form that antibiotics can't touch.

you see, the microbe will increase it's toxins until it gets the glucose it needs to reproduce, it's only natural ( but why did it have to me? joke/ABBA :) )

by the way, if basal insulin can't bring your blood sugar down to less than 100 mg/dl but Glyburide can, then it is a sure sign that you have an infection, reason unknown ( don't know why ).

my problem is, even if i could afford to have my teeth pulled would i give up my capped teeth that shamans say are infected by Chlamydia ( Clark 2223 Hz )?

ColaJim

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am having teeth problems. I also do not have the money to fix them.
If you live within driving distance of an university with a dental school you might apply there to get in for dental care. That is what I did and the price is considerably lower and the care is very good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I live an hour from a dental school but I don't have enough stamina to do it. My MS rules my energy and ability to leave the house for an appointment.
I tried to go there but they told me health wise I wasn't in good enough shape.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I live an hour from a dental school but I don't have enough stamina to do it. My MS rules my energy and ability to leave the house for an appointment.
I tried to go there but they told me health wise I wasn't in good enough shape.
I am sorry. Where I go they have a program for people with disabilities and they even go to the patient when they are unable to come into the clinic. It is for patients with disabilities that prevents them from going to a regular clinic or dental office.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i went to my doctor and got a 2 week course of doxycycline 100mg twice a day for my periodontal disease, hopefully it will help reduce my systemic inflammation and maybe reduce my blood sugar a little.
it cost $80 for the prescription and $130 for the pills. one can buy the same thing on Canadian internet for $17 plus shipping but then one would be waiting for 3 to 5 weeks to get it. in that it is covered by my Humana Medicare D my out of pocket cost was only $16 and i got it the same day.

isn't it a ripoff that one must pay someone $80 to buy something from the overpriced retailer? :mad:

ColaJim

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
i went to my doctor and got a 2 week course of doxycycline 100mg twice a day for my periodontal disease, hopefully it will help reduce my systemic inflammation and maybe reduce my blood sugar a little.
it cost $80 for the prescription and $130 for the pills. one can buy the same thing on Canadian internet for $17 plus shipping but then one would be waiting for 3 to 5 weeks to get it. in that it is covered by my Humana Medicare D my out of pocket cost was only $16 and i got it the same day.

isn't it a ripoff that one must pay someone $80 to buy something from the overpriced retailer? :mad:

ColaJim
The most expensive 2 week course of doxycycline 100MG in Columbus is $8.00. Krogers has it in their generic program. ColaJim, call around to see what stores have some of these cheap drugs in their generic program, doxycycline does nothing for me, it is a weak drug and that is why it can be sold so cheap.

·
Registered
930 Posts
breezeonby

The most expensive 2 week course of doxycycline 100MG in Columbus is $8.00. Krogers has it in their generic program. ColaJim, call around to see what stores have some of these cheap drugs in their generic program, doxycycline does nothing for me, it is a weak drug and that is why it can be sold so cheap.
Thanks for the info, but if it is too weak what is an antibiotic that is powerful enough for periodontal disease?

ColaJim

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thanks for the info, but if it is too weak what is an antibiotic that is powerful enough for periodontal disease?

ColaJim
Antibiotics such as minocycline and amoxicillin are better choices and there are various strengths for these drugs. Ask your dentist for samples, they have goobs of samples, why not, you might as well reap some benefits.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My teeth have begun to crack and break also. I think it's just part of "aging" and some heredity stuff. I take good care of my teeth and always have. But since I got in my late 50's , 3 of my teeth have broken and chipped. Thankfully, they are in the back and not noticeable.

As we get older, we just fall apart ----:D No cure for aging !

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think it is more genetic. I am 60 and have had no problem with my teeth. Besides brushing I don't go overboard on care. Both my parents in their 90's still have all their teeth. I haven't had a cavity in 20 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts