The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a couple of times that this happens rarely, but it's happened to me. Mostly it is just idle curiosity, nothing I can do about it anyway. I'm wondering how rare it is, 1 in 50, or 1 in 10,000, or whatever the numbers are.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear on that. I've lost a bit of circulation and nerves have deteriorated in my arms. It's my hands and arms that are being affected, not my legs.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Neuropathy can come from things other than diabetes. If you do a job that has repeditive stress that could be the culprit. I know after an afternoon of gardening and weeding my fingers and hands will be affected for several days. I don't blame my diabetes but think it is probably related to my age and arthritis.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I had neuropathy so bad in my hands that I couldn't drive a car at times, because I could not hold on to the steering wheel. I had to tape popsicle sticks to all of my fingers and wear wrist braces to perform my job, I was a sight to see.

But there is something you can do to help. I no longer have Neu in my hands or feet, all is normal now.

I took 1800mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid, B-12, and up to 10g of L-Arginine a day. It took about a month for all symptoms to resolve themselves.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Can you give more info on the treatment you used. Divided does? How much B-12 and such....I have cold feeling hands and feet, but perhaps not taking enough of any of those. I'd be interested in trying the protocol.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I was taking B-12 sublinqual 4 tabs a day, morning

ALA I was taking 600mg 3 times a day, this may be to much depends on your weight, you may find more info on wiki

I was taking L-Arginine 10-15 (500mg) caps total, split up into 3 doses. I still take at least 5000mg on daily basis.

Can you give more info on the treatment you used. Divided does? How much B-12 and such....I have cold feeling hands and feet, but perhaps not taking enough of any of those. I'd be interested in trying the protocol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts