The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has heard of k-48 plus. I am not diabetic yet, but I am borderline, and it runs in my family. Recently a friend told me about k-48 plus. It is a krill oil pill that supposedly really helps people with diabetes, as well as many other problems. I researched it a little and found a lot of great testimonials about it, but I am not sure if it truly helps or if people are just trying to sell their product.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My first reaction was "snake oil". While there may be some short- term benefits, these generally do not work in the long-term. The short term benefits are normally because your body may be lacking in something and once that has been satisfied, there are no more benefits. At most I would say that a minimum maintence level would be beneficial for the short-term.

I think you have analyzed this properly.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, jack. I haven't heard of it either, but I'm always leery when they want my money & promise such miraculous things! :D

I take a fish oil supplement, and my guess is this krill oil is about as effective as any omega3 oil. They all help, but they aren't magic.

edit: Well, I just googled it, and my red flags started flapping like fury . . . the first word that jumped out at me was "legendary"! How's that for a superlative?! lol! I think I'll be keeping my money in my pocket as long as possible. ;)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has heard of k-48 plus. I am not diabetic yet, but I am borderline, and it runs in my family. Recently a friend told me about k-48 plus. It is a krill oil pill that supposedly really helps people with diabetes, as well as many other problems. I researched it a little and found a lot of great testimonials about it, but I am not sure if it truly helps or if people are just trying to sell their product.
Hello jack of all and :welcome: to the forum. I have never heard of this product. From my research on fish oil, krill oil has the same health benefits, it is just the oil of krill instead of fish. I have some krill oil but have never taken it yet. Krill oil is much more expensive than fish oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts