The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
I haven't, but it sounds interesting for multiple things. Problem might be getting what you think you are getting. If you find a good source of loose leaf I'd be willing. I would think that if it was really good at lowering blood glucose, forum members from India would have been praising it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just keep in mind that having any kind of tea on a daily basis makes it a drug form. Whether that drug is benign or harmful depends on what it does. So do some research on it.

For example, having peppermint tea daily reduces excessive hair growth on women - great if you have facial hair or PCOS (it actually works better than prescription drug for the problem), but not so great for men as it kills libido. The current theory is that it reduces testosterone in the blood. So, here's something one would think is JUST a beverage, but daily use changes how it works.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this taken in tea form or capsule form? I've taken supplements for blood sugar that have holy basil in it and they really didn't do much for my blood sugar if I recall correctly. I've taken the tea to help me relax and it works for that!!! But at that time blood sugar wasn't even on my radar so I have no idea if it worked to lower it. I just know I slept better and didn't have so much anxiety.

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
Is this taken in tea form or capsule form? I've taken supplements for blood sugar that have holy basil in it and they really didn't do much for my blood sugar if I recall correctly. I've taken the tea to help me relax and it works for that!!! But at that time blood sugar wasn't even on my radar so I have no idea if it worked to lower it. I just know I slept better and didn't have so much anxiety.
It comes both ways. Not sure about the pill forms, but tea can come in tea bags, come as a ground powder, both can be blended with something else or flavored, or it can come as loose leaf. I'd just prefer loose leaf.

I would be interested in cold brewing it with my hibiscus tea.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
It comes both ways. Not sure about the pill forms, but tea can come in tea bags, come as a ground powder, both can be blended with something else or flavored, or it can come as loose leaf. I'd just prefer loose leaf.

I would be interested in cold brewing it with my hibiscus tea.
I've only heard of Basil. Is there something different about "holy" basil? I hope I haven't been eating PROFANE basil all these years!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Reactions: Daytona
1 - 10 of 10 Posts