The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been poking around looking at low carb recipes and started looking to see if there were any low carb cornbread recipes. I found several Mock Cornbread recipes using almond flour (a few that also use hazelnut and one or two using soy grits) but also found one that uses corn bran or coarse grain corn meal along with the almond flour with 5g carbs per serving. I'd post the link but I'm not allowed to yet. Is on the low carb luxury website.

Has anyone tried any of these and if so do they actually taste like cornbread?

My hubby and I eat used to eat cornbread a lot with soups and chili. Now that it is getting cooler I keep thinking about cornbread :(

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
This is the one I make for my wife and I. this is a YMMV type thing, I can eat a certain amount of corn anyway. The RS will dampen the spike.

Corn Bread with RS
For those who can eat cornbread, its not as bad as you may think. I had two large wedges for dinner and maxed out at 116 and was back to 109 at 2hrs, a little higher than usual but I will take it.

Grease a 10" skillet and place into a hot 400 oven while mixing the ingredients below

1 cup whole grain cornmeal or corn flour
1 cup of Hi-Maze 260
1/4 cup of chopped jalepenos
diced onions, peppers, bacon bits
1/2 cup splenda or alt
salt pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 eggs
1 tsp of baking soda
enough water to make batter pourable, or thicker if you want to fry them like pancakes
You can also add seltzer water if you want a light fluffy corn bread.

If you want to live on the edge I also have added whole kernel corn.

Melt 1/2 stick butter or coconut oil

When all is mixed stir in the butter and CO. Pour into the hot skillet and place back into the oven until center bounces back when pressed appr 15 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts