The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DiabetesForum.com Editor
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems every week we see a different angle, a different suggestion and a different idea with regards to the treatment and a potential cure for diabetes. While transplants are not necessarily a new phenomenon in this particular field it was interesting to see that the UK authorities have carried out yet another pancreatic cell [...]

Click to read the full news article: Are pancreas cell transplants the way forward for diabetes type I sufferers?...
Please come back to discuss the story here in this thread.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I'm fascinated and would love to see study results, but am in a big hurry today, so would love a site if anyone has one...it's exciting turn of events and one that seems as tho' it could be repeated as needed!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I,m very interested in know more about this study. Here in my country, there are several private clinics that are doing this procedure to diabetic people (not like an study, is available to everyone who paids for it). Hubby is thinking to go to one private clinic and start this treatment, but since we haven,t heard anything about anyone close to us that have done this treatment, we don,t know if it works....doesn,t work, or long term complications.

There are working with stem cells in diabetic people here in several clinics, I don,t know if this is legal or not, but since in other countries this is under "study" is kind of scary to let my hubby go through this treatment.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am very interested in what the results will be. I know that in many type 1 people a virus caused the cells to begin attacking the pancreas so I will be interested to see how long the recipients of this study are able to go before their immune system reacts again...if at all.

Side note: My maid keeps telling me that I should get $5,000 and go to mexico to have a pancreas transplant....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts