The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying unsuccessfully to create and display a table in a thread.
But none of the usual tags appear to work.
Here's one example I've tried:
Code:
<table class="stg_table tborder">
<tbody>
 <tr class="alt2">
    <td>Heading</td><td>Column 1</td>
    <td>Column 2</td><td>Column 3</td>
    <td> </td></tr>
 <tr class="alt1">
    <td>Row 1</td><td>Data 1</td><td>Data 2</td>
    <td>Data 3</td><td> </td></tr>
 <tr class="alt2">
    <td>Row 2</td><td>Data 4</td><td>Data 5</td>
    <td>Data 6</td><td> </td></tr>
  <tr class="alt1">
    <td>Row 3</td><td>Data 7</td><td>Data 8</td>
     <td>Data 9</td><td> </td></tr>
</tbody>
</table>
But only the raw code gets displayed; not the table.

Is it possible to use tables in our threads ?
If so; what's the trick ? :noidea:

Thanks;
--ET

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Beats me, ET . . . maybe you could contact Bob, our administrator, who runs the technical end of operations around here.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Html4.

Unfortunately this type of code is not supported in this form of the web as we are ruled by this website and there is no way of getting HTML4 code to work here. Yea, I would easily would do HTML as well. Sorry Ett. :(

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Sorry ETT - Peter is correct we don't allow raw HTML and hence tables within the content of posts. Is it something you could do a screengrab for then post it?

Regards
Bob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately what I want to place in a thread is something I will be typing by hand.
And I wanted to use a table for a side-by-side comparison.

Oh well; maybe I can do something with:

[code]
type my table here
[/code]

Example:
Code:
                        Heading1                   Heading2                     Heading3
value1                 10%                          20%                              30%
value2                 10%                          20%                              30%
value3                 10%                          20%                              30%
value4                 10%                          20%                              30%
value5                 10%                          20%                              30%
value6                 10%                          20%                              30%

Thanks for everyone's help.
--ET

·
Registered
253 Posts
Forums mostly use bb forum code. A lot of them discuss website issues. Using bb forum code lets people post html code without it showing up as a web page. People can just look at the code and discuss it. vBulletin does that too. (It's the forum software this forum uses.)

You can look it up in G for examples. I have never tried to post a table in a forum so don't know the details. In fact I almost never use tables in html either. A lot of the bb forum code is the same as html except it uses the square brackets instead of the angled brackets.

There are positives and negatives to everything. Glad to be around anyway :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts