1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'll have to look for it.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Be careful of the powders, as usual . . . some have maltodextrin & other unsavory additives . . . :(

(I recently turned on my Firefox spellcheck, since there are times I actually CANnot remember the correct spelling & even if I've gotten it right, it doesn't LOOK right. But it's causing as many giggles as it is helping . . . like now when I typed maltodextrin - Sir Spellchecker could think of only one suggestion for my "misspelled" word: extramarital!)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It is liquid. I looked at the ingredients for the first time just now and it looks like it might have a couple of no-no's.

blend of black teas using filtered water
peach juice from concentrate
citric acid
natural flavors
Sucralose
vitamin C
Acesuflame potassium

I know some people won't use Sucralose, but I sometimes use Splenda, so I guess that is the same thing.

I had never heard of Acesuflame potassium so I looked it up.

Acesulfame Potassium Dangers

It doesn't sound good. I have only had a couple of swigs of the tea, but Mr. Gizmo drinks it a lot. It won't be easy to talk him out of using it, but I plan to give it a try. Well, here I go back to my good old standby, Walmart Peach Lemonade.

Obviously I need to start reading labels more often.

P.S. Added 15 min. later. I just tried to talk Mr. Gizmo out of the tea. His reply was bull----! But I'm steering clear of the stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts