The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well Matt, it isn't just sugar, it's all those "white" foods. Pasta, potatoes, rice, bread . . . are we having fun yet? ;)

Welcome to DF - nice to meet you. In all seriousness, you don't need to go hungry, but you do need to find a few workarounds to successfully wage war with escalating blood glucose.

Tell us more about yourself. You'll be meeting Richard soon I hope, and I think he'll tell you he hasn't been "gutted", despite having been type 1 for 64 years.

Thank you for joining us . . . come back often!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Matt, it isn't just sugar, it's all those "white" foods. Pasta, potatoes, rice, bread . . . are we having fun yet? ;)

Welcome to DF - nice to meet you. In all seriousness, you don't need to go hungry, but you do need to find a few workarounds to successfully wage war with escalating blood glucose.

Tell us more about yourself. You'll be meeting Richard soon I hope, and I think he'll tell you he hasn't been "gutted", despite having been type 1 for 64 years.

Thank you for joining us . . . come back often!

i have seen richards posts and yes he has lived with the imballance for a lot of years, you must appreciate that i loved choclate but ive even been warned away from the diabetic friendly stuff :O will be on here as often as i can, hopefully this place makes me see it a little differently

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow finally a light

I am dedicating my time to making sure i have a good life,

im pricking myself every day in the stomach which is a shock as i had no problems before...

a friend pointed me in the direction of some healthy eating books and i found this one helped the most (Very tasty and all specific to low carb/sugar diets)

Diabetic Cooking Guide

please let me know how you got on :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts