The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the pattern.....
during PMS I drop into lows unexpectedly which are hard to get back up which happens for a couple of days. When my cycle actually starts I spike and can't hardly get the numbers down and this will go on for a couple of days. I'm at an age that I can't predict that time like I used to so it's a wait and see kind of game.

Fun Fun the joys of being a woman.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Before dx, with Hashi's I used to hypo with PMS. It is NOT FUN. Not sure of physiology behind it, but glad it is over with ... (like 20 yrs ago).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Had to inject twice this morning to get it under control and it's still not where I'd like it to be where it usually is. I didn't vary from my usual breakfast and supper last night was very low carb. Nothing out of the ordinary.

O

·
0 Posts
yeah I don't enjoy it either Amy :( I get same problem where I fluctuate wildly and it appears I'm more sensitive to my insulin during that time like you're saying. I feel pretty lousy when I have hypos then too with all the hormones going on. urrggghhh. I'm taking pill for PCOS purpose and I'm allowed to skip... that's exactly what I do to avoid all the problems for a bit. Plus I was getting way too many UTI's and that's one way I found helps cut that back.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Here's the pattern.....
during PMS I drop into lows unexpectedly which are hard to get back up which happens for a couple of days. When my cycle actually starts I spike and can't hardly get the numbers down and this will go on for a couple of days. I'm at an age that I can't predict that time like I used to so it's a wait and see kind of game.

Fun Fun the joys of being a woman.
Funny you mentioned this, because I'm now making the connection between my "ladies days" (for you gentlemen reading this) and my high numbers over the past couple of days. Wondering like crazy how I could be a 94 and then a few hours later a 124 and not even eating carbs. Now, I think I know...:p

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Funny you mentioned this, because I'm now making the connection between my "ladies days" (for you gentlemen reading this) and my high numbers over the past couple of days. Wondering like crazy how I could be a 94 and then a few hours later a 124 and not even eating carbs. Now, I think I know...:p
You know what's real funny? My other half pointed the connection out for me.
Just when you think they aren't paying attention! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts