The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ascensia Contour, purchased late 2004, and the free connecting lead which was sent when I registered. Unfortunately, the lead plugs into an old-style serial port, and few if any modern computers have these.

Is there a USB version of the lead, or perhaps an adapter to plug legacy serial devices into a USB port? How do I get either of these?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have an Ascensia Contour, purchased late 2004, and the free connecting lead which was sent when I registered. Unfortunately, the lead plugs into an old-style serial port, and few if any modern computers have these.

Is there a USB version of the lead, or perhaps an adapter to plug legacy serial devices into a USB port? How do I get either of these?

Being that it is 4 yrs. old, Good Luck. ;) You could email or phone(they
must have a 1-800 number)the company that made it. You never know.

Also on ebay, there are usually Diabetic accessories for cheap prices.

I wish you Luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now discovered that Maplin Electronics (one of Britain's largest electronics suppliers) do an adapter allowing an old-style serial device to be plugged into a USB port.

Fortunately I don't need it, as my desktop computer has a serial port as well as several USB ports. :) (It even has a parallel port, although I haven't come across any device needing one of those in years.)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Good Job Robert. Maplin Electronics, eh? There it is...
right in your own back yard.

I'm more into research, medical and governmental issues, etc.
I understand what USB ports are, parallel and serial...but that
about covers it. :D Therefore, you sound quite clever to me
in your knowledge of computers.

Anyways, perhaps someone else visiting this site will need to
purchase something from Maplin Electronics in the future.
Thanks for the info.

All I know right now, it is 12:30 p.m. and the sun is a shining. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
As from April 2008 Medtronic introduce diabetes and Bayer diabetes Care together the new CONTOUR? risky blood glucose meter. A new glucose meter which forwards test results Hertzian

this is new here do have some of you experience with it
or do have some of you use this.
The insurence here do not pay for it they need and want more results.

Dutch introduction of the first insulin pump with ongoing glucose monitoring How do the Paradigm REAL-Time work insulinepomp and continue-glucosemonitoringsysteem? Much-put ones questions by subject INSULINEPOMP ME

gr ria

1 - 5 of 5 Posts