The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my diabetic friends decided to check what was in her diet coke that she says she's addicted to.... aspartame. She sent me the following link:
Aspartame - New World Encyclopedia
She says after reading this she isn't touching diet coke again. lol. Well I read it and I'm wondering if they're still researching it because if it does supposedly damage the nervous system... that isn't good for anybody... especially diabetics.
Sticking to natural is the best option I think. I'm not drinking carbonated drinks anymore... but I used to a couple of years back... pepsi max.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was a Mountain Dew-aholic for years. The first time I was diagnosed though I quit drinking soda of any kind diet or otherwise and now I can't stand them. That was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

One of my diabetic friends decided to check what was in her diet coke that she says she's addicted to.... aspartame. She sent me the following link:
Aspartame - New World Encyclopedia
She says after reading this she isn't touching diet coke again. lol. Well I read it and I'm wondering if they're still researching it because if it does supposedly damage the nervous system... that isn't good for anybody... especially diabetics.
Sticking to natural is the best option I think. I'm not drinking carbonated drinks anymore... but I used to a couple of years back... pepsi max.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts