The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I am not angry because I know you speak the truth. I am angry though at myself and working hard to get back into ketosis again. I've even ordered blood ketone strips. I've been a saintly eater today and as so happy to see such great numbers after meals like 88 that that is motivating! I am not going to allow myself junk like that again, no way! I know that others do but they do not come on here and admit it I guess this is like a confession board better I should just go to church instead.

I don't think I will have this problem again ava I haven't for a while either...I'm still somewhat in denial maybe but this guilt was more punishing then the food,
I think that's a pretty big assumption, puppy. Many of us on here, including me, can't afford to cheat, or else we're headed for life-threatening trouble. After a while, eating clean just becomes a way of life. You have to make it your way of life, though. With a lot of us, if we didn't make it our way of life, we would be on insulin or in the hospital with uncontrollable blood sugar. It really comes down to a simple matter of priorities. No, not all of us cheat. Many of us haven't for months or even years because we know what the stakes are.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
I said this on another thread.

I will take one meal, about every 4-6 months and "shock" my system with high carbs. I do this for two reasons, and I don't know how valid they are but I like info, and the more the better.

The first reason is I believe the pancreas, just like any other organ in the body, can atrophy, lose functionality. So on a continuous LC diet I think it can lose the ability to respond to carbs. By giving it a shock I keep these portions up and running.

The second reason I do it is tied to the first, but not completely. I want to track my phase 2 response. By giving my system these shock meals and tracking the change from high to low over a one hour time I can judge how well my phase 2 is still working.

This is by no means is for everyone. This is only for me and how I choose to do it.

But I do have cheat meals and I have admitted it before.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
No puppy, no cheating here since dx/going lc/hf except for yesterday having the tiny taste of sweet potato and stuffing. Nothing else in almost 2 years. Good as they tasted, I realized that if I had eaten a full serving of either, I would be headed down a road to carb craving. It was a good learning experience for me, the things I eat, on plan, taste just as good and are just as satisfying as any "cheat" food.

I won't say it wasn't hard in the beginning, but as time went by, all the carb cravings were gone and I saw such improvement in my all around health that to endanger that for a cheat seemed so senseless. We each have to make the choice whether to commit totally to the lc/hf woe, or to allow cheats into the plan. The choice is personal to each of us. For me, having watched my late DH go blind and have a leg amputated, was a big motivating factor to be very strict with my diet to avoid any complications. There is not a food out there that I would trade my sight or limbs to eat!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know that others do but they do not come on here and admit it
No, some people are just better disciplined with food than you appear to be.

It was your choice to eat badly, that's fine...it's your health. Please don't try to say that others are lying, that's just plain rude. :nono:

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
There is not a food out there that I would trade my sight or limbs to eat!
In the end, it boils down to that, doesn't it.

Purposely "poisoning" oneself IS senseless.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
no, some people are just better disciplined with food than you appear to be.

It was your choice to eat badly, that's fine...it's your health. Please don't try to say that others are lying, that's just plain rude. :nono:
i didn't say anyone was lying!
I said not everyone tells what they do! ! !
Ohhhhgawd i hate this board!
Just delete me from here please!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Puppy
I dont cheat. And it is hard. But you need to get honest about your food, you need to write it down and follow a plan and stop and get honest!! You say you dont do this or do that, but two threads over you have said something completely different. I have worked in the field and have seen legs missing, wounds that do not heal, blindness. Life is hard. It sucks too sometimes. But until you get honest, focus and stop worrying about dang ketosis. You can loose weight and not be in ketosis. If you keep carbs down below 20 you are in ketosis. Ketosis fluctuates given through out the day. Educate yourself with the knowledge that others on here have given you. Stop being a victim. And stop saying delete me and then keep coming back around. Everyone is trying to help you but your are like a bucking mare and bounce from one thing to another. It is just as hard for the rest of us too. Sure I want to eat this and that, but honestly I dont want to spend three days working to get my numbers back down. You my friend are going to keep playing at it and make things worse for yourself. And thats all I have to say and will say. I wish you the best.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.