The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these safe to eat? They are delicious. My friend who is a Type 2 told me they will not spike blood sugar. Is this true or not in your opinion? They taste so good. Hard to believe they do not spike your BG.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok @ itissteve, thanks so much for your input. I do not intend to start eating a lot of this kinda stuff. I stay away from refined carbs and things like candy bars, soda, donuts, etc. I used to love eating these foods, but I was slowly creeping my way towards becoming diabetic, so I stopped eating them back in 2013. I do get these intense cravings for something sweet and delicious sometimes. I figured that eating one of these bars from time to time would be a lot better than eating a pack of M&M's or a big chunk of my mother's decadent cakes made with white flour for example.

Do you have any personal suggestions for when you have a craving for something sweet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, my personal go-to is Quest protein cookies. They're enough like what I remember that I think I'm getting away with something 🙂 and big enough that I can even break one in half and still be satisfied. Like you, I figure it's much better to splash out on one of those than a real snickerdoodle or chocolate chip cookie.
Ok, thanks again friend. I am going to look for the Quest protein cookies when I go into Kroger today to buy some acne medication. Enjoy your Monday! :)

Reactions: itissteve
1 - 3 of 3 Posts