The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a really hard time resisting holiday food temptations. Mom is buying chocolate covered cherries and they are my favorite. It is taking everything that I have inside me to stay away from them. I have moved them out of site but I know where they are......ugh!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hahaha, I get that problem year round, my boyfriend's mom LOVES making one-pot meals that center around potatoes, & they're delicious! XD

I've found a really delicious chocolate bar, Lemon Ginger flavour, & 2 squares are only 14 carbs. I only ever eat one at a time, & it satisfies my chocolate craving beautifully :)

I'm trying to teach myself moderation, but it really isn't going so well :p I'm not looking forward to Christmas

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Dang those chocolate cherries! For years I've been making homemade ones by soaking maraschinos in brandy for a few days & then coating them with a fondant, followed by dipping in chocolate. My family absolutely loved them. I just know I don't have the fortitude to make them this year and not eat any myself. I'm not much of a baker, but I did make a lot of Christmas candies and gave them as gifts. Maybe in the future I can do it again & not be tempted, but right now - no can do. :(

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
stay strong Breezy.

wish i had a desire to eat bad food, maybe id gain weight then

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am having a really hard time resisting holiday food temptations. Mom is buying chocolate covered cherries and they are my favorite. It is taking everything that I have inside me to stay away from them. I have moved them out of site but I know where they are......ugh!
I find the easiest thing for me is to not avoid it entirely. I think, for me, if I feel deprived, then I end up binging on stuff later. Better to have a small piece of something, work it into your meal plan and move on.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm really struggling these days with temptation to eat "off plan" on Christmas day. I have nothing in the house that qualifies, but I'll be shopping Tuesday. My glucose has been under excellent control for several weeks, so good sense may prevail. Or not...........:decision:

·
Registered
344 Posts
We deal with so many Vendors and each of them are bringing food in daily. Cinnamon Crunch Bagels from Pannera I can't stay away from. Wouldn't be so bad if I just had one but no I have to have two. That's just in the morning. But we have so many different cheeses, crackers, peanuts, cashews and you can't walk from one end of the office to the other without grabbing something. I am hoping that I maintain or gain little this season.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
bu*lsh*t

its YOUR choice to eat crap or not.
Grow up and put the food down

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We deal with so many Vendors and each of them are bringing food in daily. Cinnamon Crunch Bagels from Pannera I can't stay away from. Wouldn't be so bad if I just had one but no I have to have two. That's just in the morning. But we have so many different cheeses, crackers, peanuts, cashews and you can't walk from one end of the office to the other without grabbing something. I am hoping that I maintain or gain little this season.
There are 160 grams of carbs in those 2 cinnamon crunch bagels...:(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm really struggling these days with temptation to eat "off plan" on Christmas day. I have nothing in the house that qualifies, but I'll be shopping Tuesday. My glucose has been under excellent control for several weeks, so good sense may prevail. Or not...........:decision:
OK....you are doing the shopping...the ball is in your court! May your good sense prevail!!!!!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stay strong Breezy.

wish i had a desire to eat bad food, maybe id gain weight then
I already had a serving of the cherries, 3=27 carbs. Not worth the carbs. Now these cherries are out of my system and my Mom can put them anywhere she wants.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are 160 grams of carbs in those 2 cinnamon crunch bagels...:(
I know they are bad. But didn't know that bad. This year thankfully no vendor has brought any in. (or i am sure i would have given in) I do have other things that I have picked at that I have should not have. I have had problems with nuts, crackers and cheeses that I should not have touched. As for the candy bars and cookies I have been perfect and not touched a one.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know they are bad. But didn't know that bad. This year thankfully no vendor has brought any in. (or i am sure i would have given in) I do have other things that I have picked at that I have should not have. I have had problems with nuts, crackers and cheeses that I should not have touched. As for the candy bars and cookies I have been perfect and not touched a one.
I just love Panera bread and those cinnamon crunch bagels are awesome, but after finding out how many carbs per serving, I don't go to Panera anymore. It was a hard decision.......:Cry:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Cheese is amazing.

if it werent for cheese, i wouldnt eat anything

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Cheese, Peppers & Onions are in every meal. i throw in broccoli on occation

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheese is amazing.

if it werent for cheese, i wouldnt eat anything
I think that I have put cheese on just about anything you can eat. Cheese is a huge part of my diet. Take it away and I would have a really hard time too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts