The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got home from the doctor. well my a1c was 11. she also put me on metformin HCL ER 500 MG. to take once a day. to go along with my humilin and my humalog. and my gabapentin 300 mg 2 tabs 2 times a day and lisinopril 5 mg i pill a day for fmy kidneys. man im falling apart. plus my eyes are going. dam im only 39 and im falling apart. :eek::(

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have to stay positive Lorah. Set a new goal and focus on that. It is a horrible curse, ill give you that. I feel like crying every day. Your still here and you can still make good memories even with this disease. Remember that your not alone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Just want to also say hi and let everyone know my name is Lorah. I'm trying to stay positive. But it so hard. Hugs everyone

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
((((Lorah))))

You'll see many improvements as you blood sugar levels begin to normalize. Just shoot for under 140 as much as you can, and when you get there, then shoot for a little lower. We are so here for you, because so many of us have been right there in that chair ourselves. Don't give in & don't give up.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Lorah ...

It's impossible to believe it right now, I know. But things will get better!

Please keep us posted. :hug:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've being diabetic since 95. Just want to get better but it so hard. But I'm going to work my butt off to get my blood down.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Damn that bites. But you're ahead of the game just by knowing how to fight. Today is for mourning, tomorrow is for getting pissed and fighting back!

Reactions: Madea

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Lorah and welcome to DF. I've only been D for 4 years, but being on these online forums the past 2+ years has completely changed my management. Before I was following my doctors advice and not testing nearly enough. When I came here I learned about Eating to your meter and testing a ton. It was expensive at first since I used tons of strips ( I buy my own). But the info you gain is so valuable. I learned my body cannot handle carbs from wheat, including bread, crackers, cereal and pasta. Rice, even brown is just as bad. But I also found veggies and sweet potatoes are fine for my bg. Little by little I was able to lower after meal bgs which lowered morning fasting numbers. I know lots of people don't agree with low carb, but it has saved my life. I was dx'd in 2007 with an HbA1c almost 11 and now it is 5.3. So hard work does pay off.
Glad you found us.

Reactions: Madea
1 - 10 of 10 Posts