The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember my great aunt making this many a many a year ago and loved it then and just made some the past few days.

Using Ramekin bowls, I sprayed lightly with Pam added butter on bottom then cracked the egg without breaking the yolk. Topped with with real bacon bits, salt & pepper, and shredded cheese (any type of shredded cheese will do) using the toastermatic oven at 400 I baked for about 12 minutes...I like the yolk firm but not runny. You can add other ingredients to your taste I even added tomato & bell pepper on different days I was fixing this.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This sounds absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing. I often get tired of the same thing for breakfast all the time. This recipe will be a welcome change :)

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I used to do a similar thing and glad you mentioned it...I treated the bowl the same but put a slice of Canadian bacon on bottom and then went the same way and baked them in the microwave for, I think, about 3 minutes, but punctured the yolk always to prevent it bursting...not sure of time, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out! Thanks for reminding me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts