The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what the thoughts were on Balance Carb Well Bars? They have about 25 carbs, but only 2 net carbs. Looks like the majority of the overall carbs are from sugar alcohol. Are these ok to eat? Should I be going off of net carbs in my diet or total carbs? I have been trying to keep to about 40 carbs a day.

Thanks!

Jeremy

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Your meter will tell you whether you should or not . . . if you eat it and stay under 140 the whole time, go ahead on, but I'd prob'ly choose something that isn't quite such an amalgam of sugar alcohols, fractionated oils & additives.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
i wouldnt eat it.

i dont understand how those bar markers claim "only 2 net carbs" when the math does not add up

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sugar alcohols affect us differently. Many spike just as much as sugar. Some will also cause GI distress, so be careful. I use the Atkins Bars when I am out and need a quick snack. They usually spike me a little but not too much. I like my after meal pp's to be around 120 or less. The only thing I found on some of these bars is there are a lot of chemical ingredients in them, so just make it an occassional thing. When I have the time I prefer to make my own snack bars and just wrap them up and bring them with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts