The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across this recipe for banana ice cream.. and well it is NOT exactly ice cream , but it was yummy and easy and cured my "sweet tooth" without blowing my sugar out of the water

Take 3 bananas and slice them- single layer onto a cookie tray and stick in the freezer for about 45 mins-- until they are hard... Once they are froze place them in a food processor and blend until there are no chunks-- add 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter and 1tsp of cocoa powder..

Viola--- banana ice cream that won't make your head spin from high sugars :) Enjoy

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Why not take about 1/2 a banana freeze (that idea is a great one to have on hand) and make in your small blender with yogurt? That's an idea I'd like to try...

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Bananas are not worth it to me, either.

The paleos are mostly all about keeping insulin down, but then they go for bananas ... and honey. I am thrown by this.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Sometimes I eat something and my bg readings are OK, then the next time I eat it, they are sky high. I have read posts where the same thing has happened to others.

I can't eat bananas, but when I get a hankering for them, I make cake or whoopie pies and substitute banana extract for the vanilla, and banana syrup for some of the liquid. I do the same for the frosting or filling.

If you like chocolate, a great cure for a sweet tooth is coconut oil fudge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts