1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz. can tomato sauce
12 oz. can sugar free cola
1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 tablespoon worcerstershire sauce
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup

Fry the bacon, add the onion and garlic, cook until soft but not browned.
Add the remaining ingredients, except the syrup, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the syrup. Pour over meat or chicken and bake.

(NOTE: Can add vinegar or hot sauce, if desired. If you want a thicker sauce, you can use a thickener. I used Heinz reduced sugar ketchup, Walden Farms pancake syrup and diet Coke.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
BARBEQUE SAUCE

2 strips bacon, chopped fine
1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz. can tomato sauce
12 oz. can sugar free cola
1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 tablespoon worcerstershire sauce
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup

Fry the bacon, add the onion and garlic, cook until soft but not browned.
Add the remaining ingredients, except the syrup, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the syrup. Pour over meat or chicken and bake.

(NOTE: Can add vinegar or hot sauce, if desired. If you want a thicker sauce, you can use a thickener. I used Heinz reduced sugar ketchup, Walden Farms pancake syrup and diet Coke.)
I have a similar one
* 1 cup Coca-Cola- I use either Coke Zero or Diet
* 1 cup ketchup-
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (I do not do this bbecause I still grill for the smoke)
* 1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Now I usually multiply all ingredients by 5 and it comes out to a bottle of the Ketchup, Worchestershire and A1... Then I split the order in half... I but my ribs in... Pour water till it just reaches the top of the ribs and Boil for about 2 hours.... Till the ribs are tender. Then I toss them on the grill.. I will either dip or brush some sauce on them... 2 minutes... flip... 2 minutes... flip.... 2 minutes.... flip 2 minutes ... flip.... Meat seems to fall off of the bone....

Plus I have a bottle or two left over for dipping and wings later this week

Reactions: goofygal

·
Registered
322 Posts
i might have to do this. i live on the grill all summer up here. and yes, i would much rather have 6 hours of real smoke, to liquid smoke anytime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thank you, thank you

thank you so much for sharing this... I was at the store the other day trying to explain to my husband that bbq sauce was out of my diet completely. I feel better now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts