The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought and/or used a Bayer Contour USB Monitor? I found it on the Bayer website and liked what I saw. But, I wanted to see if anyone has some input about it'ws performance.

Thanks

Cliff

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I have heard of the Bayer meter but have not used it. i have not heard anything bad about it. It is probably a good meter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of the Bayer meter but have not used it. i have not heard anything bad about it. It is probably a good meter.
It looks really good paper. They're a little oricey. BC/BS doesn't have it on their list of a covered meters yet. Maybe they will soon and I'll get one to try out myself.

Cliff

·
Registered
96 Posts
I never heard of the Bayer Contour USB Monitor before this post.
From reading the description; it doesn't sound much different than their regular Contour Meter.
I use the Bayer Contour Meter; and am happy with it.
I am also happy with their software.

--ET

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never heard of the Bayer Contour USB Monitor before this post.
From reading the description; it doesn't sound much different than their regular Contour Meter.
I use the Bayer Contour Meter; and am happy with it.
I am also happy with their software.

--ET
Thanks for your input, ett.

Well. went back to look at the Bayer web site on this meter and discovered why no one has used it yet. They haven't released it!! :eek: Due to be released 11/18/2009.

Cliff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bayer USB

I know this is a bit of an older thread but I purchased a Contour USB last week as I was just diagnosed with T2 last week.

THe meter is great. Uses regular contour strips and looks great. I love the color screen and the sleek look of the meter. It fits nicely with OneTouch delica lancer.

But,, it seems to be reading so high. I went to my doctor who tested me and then wanted me to test myself. He was using a regular contour meter and he came up with a reading of 171, I tested and showed 210. So he told me to just assume my reading is a bit lower than what meter shows. That seems to be a huge difference to me and I have got to do a bit more research into the situation. Id hate to have to get a different meter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know this is a bit of an older thread but I purchased a Contour USB last week as I was just diagnosed with T2 last week.

THe meter is great. Uses regular contour strips and looks great. I love the color screen and the sleek look of the meter. It fits nicely with OneTouch delica lancer.

But,, it seems to be reading so high. I went to my doctor who tested me and then wanted me to test myself. He was using a regular contour meter and he came up with a reading of 171, I tested and showed 210. So he told me to just assume my reading is a bit lower than what meter shows. That seems to be a huge difference to me and I have got to do a bit more research into the situation. Id hate to have to get a different meter.
I had the exact same problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yah 40mg/dl seems to be a bit too off. Sort of unsettling!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have this meter - it doesn't read high for me. Is it fully charged?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is fully charged, but from what I have read the meter's battery can last up to a full month on 3-4 test times daily. I would hope that the battery wouldnt play that much of a factor in it's accuracy.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Why not call the company and tell them the problem and see what they say? I've talked to them about something else and they were pleasant and helpful. I only wonder of you may have gotten a faulty one?

Good luck,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, that should not be that much of a difference in readings. Like others have said, contact Bayer and see if they can help with this problem. Also, have yu tried using the control solution?

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Are we assuming the Dr.'s Contour is correct? Might be a bad assumption.

Reactions: canadiandude

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Are we assuming the Dr.'s Contour is correct? Might be a bad assumption.
I absolutely agree! Never assume that your doc's reading is any more true than yours. What if their meter is off and your higher number is the correct one?

I have a vast number of meters (excluding the Contour USB as it costs 100 US dollars here). My two favourite meters are an Accu-Chek Aviva and a One Touch Ultra Easy. My One touch is always a good 18-36 points lower than my Aviva. However, knowing that, (and here I agree with your doc), I can continually use both meters without worry simply by mentally adjusting the one meter to fit the other. Which one do I adjust to? Well, since I'm a Type 2 that has never ever experienced a hypo, I don't worry about being low so I assume that the higher number is the correct value. That also means that even if the lower meter is the correct reading, I am overly protecting myself on the high side which is never a bad thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts